What's new

Retirement anniversary

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was forced into retirement by my cardiologist. So I went into a funk. For WAY too long. So I honestly don't remember my last day, or even the month or year I werked!

What a loser! It's funny, because we went to a retirement party for a loved one on Friday. It hit me that I never had one of those. So I told my lovely best friend that I want one! I am going to go through some paperwork around here and find out the date I quit werkin'. My doctor could probably tell me.

So I'll have a party on the next anniversary of it. And you are ALL invited! Just bring a dish to pass.

Last edited:
A bit off topic but related. I started and ran a small distribution company for 28 years before Captain's Choice. When I sold it I looked around and realized I had "retired" myself by selling the company. Nobody else was going to toss me a party or get me a gift so it was up to me! I pondered it a bit and decided to get myself an Omega Speedmaster and call it good. For me, that watch will always represent my first company.

FarmerTan

A bit off topic but related. I started and ran a small distribution company for 28 years before Captain's Choice. When I sold it I looked around and realized I had "retired" myself by selling the company. Nobody else was going to toss me a party or get me a gift so it was up to me! I pondered it a bit and decided to get myself an Omega Speedmaster and call it good. For me, that watch will always represent my first company.
THIS is what I should do....

You could all still bring a dish to pass!

FarmerTan

This will be my fifteenth, not quite halfway to the amount of time I spent humping that load.
My dad was within 6 months of being retired for as long as he worked from the job he despised everyday for 25 years.

He got the last laugh.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
My dad was within 6 months of being retired for as long as he worked from the job he despised everyday for 25 years.

He got the last laugh.
Dave, I can't even imagine working a job I despised. And I have a pretty damn good imagination.

Retired 19 years. Back when I first started I was told by the "old timers" that when it was time for me to retire I'd know it.
Where they ever right! I'm still trying to figure out how I had the time to do all of the yard work and other things I do and go to work too. Maybe now I'm playing too much golf? 🤔 .....Nah.

FarmerTan

Retired 19 years. Back when I first started I was told by the "old timers" that when it was time for me to retire I'd know it.
Where they ever right! I'm still trying to figure out how I had the time to do all of the yard work and other things I do and go to work too. Maybe now I'm playing too much golf? 🤔 .....Nah.
You sound exactly like my Dad. NOBODY enjoyed their retirement as much as he did!

You sound exactly like my Dad. NOBODY enjoyed their retirement as much as he did!
I retired kinda early at 50. It will be 4 years next month. I miss my work friends, but don't miss work. I am out and about looking for the next good time everyday. I am not sure I have stayed home 24 hours straight since retiring.
That's the key to a happy retirement, enjoying good times. It's what we work so long and hard for.
Be thoughtful of others, and kind to yourself every day, you won't regret it. I'm retired 19 years, I'm also a 13 year cancer survivor. I hit the worlds biggest lottery jackpot 6 years into my retirement. That really drove it home to me that we need to live every day in thankful kindness like the gift from above that it is.

Top Bottom