What's new

Retail jobs

I worked at best buy for a few months during my senior year of high school. Christmas season SUCKS...the employee discount rules. Thats about all I remember about it:biggrin:

Im in geek squad so it *should* be good experience, also thanks!

I interviewed a college kid who worked at Geek Squad to work for me. After the interview he said mine was a lot tougher than GS.

Damn Right! Very few realize I'm not looking for you to give me the right answer, I'm judging your thought processes, your logic and common sense.

Anyway, Best of Luck to you and enjoy that employee discount.

I interviewed a college kid who worked at Geek Squad to work for me. After the interview he said mine was a lot tougher than GS.

Damn Right! Very few realize I'm not looking for you to give me the right answer, I'm judging your thought processes, your logic and common sense.

Anyway, Best of Luck to you and enjoy that employee discount.

Out of the ENTIRE interview there was one computer question.

I did, many years ago. Barring an epic catastrophe, I don't think I'd ever work retail again.

My chief complaint, and something I suspect you'll encounter at Best Buy, were the many customers who made the snap judgment that I either didn't care about doing a good job or wasn't capable of helping them simply because I was obviously a student working part-time.

Still, it was a positive experience. The discount came in handy and I learned a lot.

Out of the ENTIRE interview there was one computer question.

I always ask one completely non technical question. His was, "How many barbers are there in the United States?" WRONG ANSWER - I'd use google to find out.

But, how do they only ask ONE computer related question!? Amazing... Just wait until you get the guys coming in with the broken cup holder. :lol:

I always ask one completely non technical question. His was, "How many barbers are there in the United States?" WRONG ANSWER - I'd use google to find out.

But, how do they only ask ONE computer related question!? Amazing... Just wait until you get the guys coming in with the broken cup holder. :lol:

The question is how would you explain bad sectors to your grandma. Oh and the barbers in the US. The answers is not enough good ones.

LOL How did you explain bad sectors to granny?

Not a bad answer, but not one that shows me how you would solve the problem. :biggrin:

Recipe cards getting wet. Oh you want me to solve it? If we assume 1 out 1000 people is a barber and there is 300 million people in the US the answer is obvious. Or 300 thousand.

Assume 300 million in US, 150 million men, each gets one haircut a month. 24 working barber shop days in a month. 6.25 million hair cuts a day. Assume, to keep the numbers simple, the average shop is open 10 hours a day. That's 625000 hair cuts per hour. Assume 30 minutes per cut and you will need 312,500 barbers.

Assume 300 million in US, 150 million men, each gets one haircut a month. 24 working barber shop days in a month. 6.25 million hair cuts a day. Assume, to keep the numbers simple, the average shop is open 10 hours a day. That's 625000 hair cuts per hour. Assume 30 minutes per cut and you will need 312,500 barbers.

I say thats pretty close but your math is a bit flawed you only assume men I have seen women get hair cuts at the barber. But we are close enough.

You're my new best friend. I love Best Buy. Just leave your discount card under my door mat. I'll get it back to you...someday. :biggrin:

I worked retail almost 20 years ago when I was in grad school. I found that it wasn't for me. To many jerks out there.

Top Bottom