What's new

Restoring a W&B razor; rust removal tips?

Thank you. I was afraid that was the case. No, I wanted to check here before considering.

Yeah looks a good razor but if you zoom in, you can see the rust all the way along the edge. But it goes higher up near to the toe end, and you would have to remove a lot of steel. To be able to get good steel to hone on....

Yeah looks a good razor but if you zoom in, you can see the rust all the way along the edge. But it goes higher up near to the toe end, and you would have to remove a lot of steel. To be able to get good steel to hone on....
Thank you for your observations, Sir!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I agree. Don't buy. If you already owned it then I would say sure, sand away the rust, and try to hone into good steel if you have no other pressing projects and don't mind doing a lot of work on a very ordinary razor. But don't buy it. There are many, many other razors in the wild for cheap, that require way less work.

I agree. Don't buy. If you already owned it then I would say sure, sand away the rust, and try to hone into good steel if you have no other pressing projects and don't mind doing a lot of work on a very ordinary razor. But don't buy it. There are many, many other razors in the wild for cheap, that require way less work.
Thank you. I am learning what to look for, but needed confirmation from the experts.

Top Bottom