What's new

Restored Vintage Brushes - Spring Cleaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been purchasing, cleaning, and restoring vintage shaving brushes for several years and have accumulated a number that I no longer use. It's time to pass them on! All brushes have been thoroughly cleaned, polished, sanitized, and are shave-ready. With one exception, all have had the original bristles replaced with Finest or Silvertip Badger knots, glued in with waterproof epoxy. All measurements are approximate.

Shipping to the Continental U.S. is $5.00, whether you buy one brush, multiple brushes, or the whole lot! Payment is by Paypal Goods and Services only. I will ship internationally, but there will be additional shipping charges depending on your location.

Let me know if you have any questions in general or regarding a specific brush.

Thanks for looking!

ER Blue-White and ER Red-Black.jpg

1) Ever-Ready 400, Blue and Ivory. 50mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 55mm Loft. $20

2) Ever-Ready 300PBT, Red and Black. 50mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. $20

ER Green-Black and ER Green.jpg

3) Ever-Ready 200, Green and Black Catalin handle, 55mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 55mm Loft. $30

4) Ever-Ready (no number) Green with Black base, 45mm Handle Height. 22mm Badger Knot, approx 55mm Loft. $15

MadeRite500PB and Century.jpg

5) Made Rite 500PB, Black Handle, 50mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx 48mm Loft $15

6) Century, Clear Amber Handle with Red Internal Highlight (I added the red) 45mm Handle Height. 19mm Badger Knot, approx. 45mm Loft. $25

Chicago-Wood and Whiting-Adams Vulcan.jpg

7) Chicago "Barber Style", Natural Wood and Ivory Celluloid. 95mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. $25

8) Whiting-Adams Vulcan, slim Ivory and Black handle. 70mm Handle Height. 22mm Badger Knot, approx. 48mm Loft. $20

Wood-Brass and ER H40 Boar.jpg

9) No-Name Natural Wood and Brass Handle. 60mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 48mm Loft. $25

10) Ever-Ready H40, Ivory and Black. 52mm Handle Height. Unrestored, original 21mm Boar Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. Shave-ready or for restoration. $10

Wont-Shed1.jpg

Wont-Shed2.jpg

11) Wontshed, Transparent Red and Ivory, 60mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. Handle is solid red when looking at certain angles, but turning it shows clear spots. It doesn't seem to be a coating, so maybe it was a production error? Anyway, it's beautiful! $30

Green Mini-1.jpg

Green Mini-2.jpg

12) Green Mini No-Name. Green Catalin oxidizing to a beautiful Butterscotch. Handle Height is 35mm and the Badger Knot is 20mm with a 40mm Loft. Despite its petite size, it performs great and holds plenty of lather. $30

Last edited:
I've been purchasing, cleaning, and restoring vintage shaving brushes for several years and have accumulated a number that I no longer use. It's time to pass them on! All brushes have been thoroughly cleaned, polished, sanitized, and are shave-ready. With one exception, all have had the original bristles replaced with Finest or Silvertip Badger knots, glued in with waterproof epoxy. All measurements are approximate.

Shipping to the Continental U.S. is $5.00, whether you buy one brush, multiple brushes, or the whole lot! Payment is by Paypal Goods and Services only. I will ship internationally, but there will be additional shipping charges depending on your location.

Let me know if you have any questions in general or regarding a specific brush.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 1254934

1) Ever-Ready 400, Blue and Ivory. 50mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 55mm Loft. $20

2) Ever-Ready 300PBT, Red and Black. 50mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. $20

View attachment 1254936

3) Ever-Ready 200, Green and Black Catalin handle, 55mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 55mm Loft. $30

4) Ever-Ready (no number) Green with Black base, 45mm Handle Height. 22mm Badger Knot, approx 55mm Loft. $15

View attachment 1254938

5) Made Rite 500PB, Black Handle, 50mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx 48mm Loft $15

6) Century, Clear Amber Handle with Red Internal Highlight (I added the red) 45mm Handle Height. 19mm Badger Knot, approx. 45mm Loft. $25

View attachment 1254941

7) Chicago "Barber Style", Natural Wood and Ivory Celluloid. 95mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. $25

8) Whiting-Adams Vulcan, slim Ivory and Black handle. 70mm Handle Height. 22mm Badger Knot, approx. 48mm Loft. $20

View attachment 1254944

9) No-Name Natural Wood and Brass Handle. 60mm Handle Height. 23mm Badger Knot, approx. 48mm Loft. $25

10) Ever-Ready H40, Ivory and Black. 52mm Handle Height. Unrestored, original 21mm Boar Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. Shave-ready or for restoration. $10

View attachment 1254948

View attachment 1254949

11) Wontshed, Transparent Red and Ivory, 60mm Handle Height. 24mm Badger Knot, approx. 50mm Loft. Handle is solid red when looking at certain angles, but turning it shows clear spots. It doesn't seem to be a coating, so maybe it was a production error? Anyway, it's beautiful! $30

View attachment 1254951

View attachment 1254953

12) Green Mini No-Name. Green Catalin oxidizing to a beautiful Butterscotch. Handle Height is 35mm and the Badger Knot is 20mm with a 40mm Loft. Despite its petite size, it performs great and holds plenty of lather. $30
#1 and #8 are Pending Sale

#2 ( Ever-Ready 300PBT, Red and Black) and #5 (Made Rite 500PB, Black Handle) are Pending Sale

#7 (Chicago "Barber Style", Natural Wood and Ivory Celluloid) is SOLD.

Last edited:
#1 (Ever-Ready Blue & Ivory) and #8 (Whiting-Adams Vulcan) are SOLD.

3, 4, 6, 9, 10, and 12 are still available.

If someone doesn't buy #6 (Century, Clear Amber Handle with Red) soon, I'm going to put it back into my active rotation. It's such a sweet little brush! ;)

Wow! Beautiful work, great brushes, excellent photos. And generous pricing. I am very impressed and not at all surprised the brushes are going fast. Now I have to see if you have posted much about your vintage brush knowledge and restoration techniques.

OK, I'm bumping it to double wow! :ouch1: My favorite BST post to date. It was nice to see another Whiting-Adams!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow! Beautiful work, great brushes, excellent photos. And generous pricing. I am very impressed and not at all surprised the brushes are going fast. Now I have to see if you have posted much about your vintage brush knowledge and restoration techniques.

OK, I'm bumping it to double wow! :ouch1: My favorite BST post to date. It was nice to see another Whiting-Adams!
Agreed! Phenomenal work, and unbelievable low prices.

#6 (Century, Clear Amber Handle with Red) is no longer available. 3, 4, 9, 10, and 12 are still available.

This brush was sitting in a box for the last couple of years, sadly neglected. After staring at it here on my desk and handling it for the past couple of days, I just can't let it go. It's going back into rotation. I'll probably use it this morning!

Your #9 brush is the only other one I've seen like mine. I found mine at an antiques store and it was missing the end cap. I sanded it down, refinished it and installed a new boar knot. Just used it this morning! GLWS

brushbefore.jpg brushduring.jpg brushafter.jpg

Your #9 brush is the only other one I've seen like mine. I found mine at an antiques store and it was missing the end cap. I sanded it down, refinished it and installed a new boar knot. Just used it this morning! GLWS

View attachment 1255858 View attachment 1255859 View attachment 1255860
Wow...so now there are two of them! I wonder who made them and when? It's a really nice handle. I also refinished mine, although the lacquer is starting to flake off in a couple of spots. If I were keeping it, I'd probably give it a touch-up. Thanks for sharing!

Brushes #3 and #10 are sold.

I'm closing this thread now. The two remaining brushes are going back into the stash. I may relist them later with a batch of razors that need to be moved. See you all in a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom