What's new

Restore a NOS Ever Ready C40 or leave original?

I scored this NOS C40 brush on eBay a long time ago and it's been sitting in a drawer ever since.

I've been on a roll with my brush restorations recently so I'm starting to eyeball this subject to be one of the next restoration projects. But because it's sitting in its original box I'm feeling kind of hesitant to molest it.

IMG_7931.JPG

I would use it as is, looks like a nice boar. Let it soak up some warm water and then gently lather and rinse, see if the hairs are good.

Use it as is, they're great for hard to lather soap such a WMS. Here's pic of mine, it's the one that needs restoring after 30+ years of use. It's replacement is a H40 NOS. I love the stiff Boars.

WP_20180207_001.jpg

Dan

Hmmmm. Actually never considered that. If I left it as is, I was going to keep her in the box. Maybe I'll try using it. I figured it would just disintegrate after 50-60 years of sitting around.

Nope, that H40 in the pic is older than the C40 I'm pretty sure. Here's how I got it off of Ebay. It's worked great.

WP_20180125_002.jpg WP_20180125_003.jpg

Here are 2 more I have on the way. My first Badger brushes a Black 500PBT and a 250PB. The 500 is NOS.
500PBT.jpg 500PBT2.jpg

I like Vintage in case you didn't notice.

Dan

The handle on the 250PB looks identical in shape to a 300BN Badger-lon I just worked on. It's a cool little handle.

IMG_7945.JPG

The 250PB was kind of a throw-in. The star of that bid was the 500PBT. I like your handle better, nice one. What type of knot are you going to use?

Dan

The 250PB was kind of a throw-in. The star of that bid was the 500PBT. I like your handle better, nice one. What type of knot are you going to use?

Dan

Not sure yet. I opened the hole to about 19mm so either an 18 or 19. Silvertip maybe but I'm worried about it being floppy. I wish vigshaving had the two band finest in those smaller sizes.

Use a boar! Too many people go with synthetic or badger, boars are great, especially if you need a small knot.

Top Bottom