What's new

Restoration work started on antique Koken barberchair.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'd use it.... if'n you wood all pitch in and bye it....
To further engage in my gift of thread derailment, the garbage truck last week had a HYDRAULIC leak that left a 3/4 mile streak about a foot wide down our road. Stunk a little. Stank? (Y'all got me being subconsciously self-conscious....) The garbage collection company came out and put some of that stuff the janitor in skool put on barf (emesis). Except it wasn't green like in skool, kinda tan or off-white. Thought you all would like to know how retired folks spend their time living off'n yer tax dollars with SSDI.... Watching garbage collection trucks go down our roads..... See what excitement awaits you! Between sitting in my Lazyarseboy and reading dictionaries and waiting for the mail to come daily and the garbage truck to come weekly I'm not sure how I got anything done while I was working!

To further engage in my gift of thread derailment, the garbage truck last week had a HYDRAULIC leak that left a 3/4 mile streak about a foot wide down our road. Stunk a little. Stank? (Y'all got me being subconsciously self-conscious....) The garbage collection company came out and put some of that stuff the janitor in skool put on barf (emesis). Except it wasn't green like in skool, kinda tan or off-white. Thought you all would like to know how retired folks spend their time living off'n yer tax dollars with SSDI.... Watching garbage collection trucks go down our roads..... See what excitement awaits you! Between sitting in my Lazyarseboy and reading dictionaries and waiting for the mail to come daily and the garbage truck to come weekly I'm not sure how I got anything done while I was working!

Thank goodness the hydraulic fluid I worked with didn't smell bad.. It was kinda sweet smelling and tasting.. Mil-H-83282 by Royal Lubricants... Showered in it almost daily for over a decade... My 3rd eye is going blind now...

Sorry to hear about the certification postponement, congrats on the fantastic restoration though! Your chair looks amazing! Good luck!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I finished Bates barber college last March, but Washington State canceled the certification board tests due to Covid-19, so I am still considered a student and can't legally get paid for services. I can only get models for practice. 😕

The fact that you've paid that much attention to detail indicates to me that you will be an excellent barber. Sorry to hear that the certification process is sidetracked. Keep the faith, hold steady and stay the course and it will come through. You are going to do great work in your profession.

FarmerTan

Is it subconsciously self-conscious, or self-consciously subconscious? Since you spend all that time reading dictionaries I figured you would be the most edumacated person to ask.
I actually thought over the phrasing you quoted for a good 3 minutes, which is an eternity for my toddler like brain.

FarmerTan

I finished Bates barber college last March, but Washington State canceled the certification board tests due to Covid-19, so I am still considered a student and can't legally get paid for services. I can only get models for practice. 😕
Put a can out and ask for donations.

Or stand out by the express way off ramps with a sign!

I never charged an enlisted man for a haircut. Lol, cops, I wanted to charge double!

Can you tell me how you got the hydraulics apart? I have an old Koken that I have to disassemble but I’m not sure about the lift

Top Bottom