What's new

Restoration in progress

I know its way too late. I did all of my restores with TGN's Silver Tip, thinking that would be the best quality with the soft tips. But they were too skritchy??! Then Rudy did one for me. He suggested TGN's Finest. Zero skritch incredibly soft tips. Luc, you did an amaz'in job with all of these. I actually love the first "slipp'ry" one. Beautiful work.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I know its way too late. I did all of my restores with TGN's Silver Tip, thinking that would be the best quality with the soft tips. But they were too skritchy??! Then Rudy did one for me. He suggested TGN's Finest. Zero skritch incredibly soft tips. Luc, you did an amaz'in job with all of these. I actually love the first "slipp'ry" one. Beautiful work.

Finest was suggested and I just went to Silvertip. They scratch a bit at the moment but nothing bad. I'm happy with the results. The first one is actually too tall for my stand. If I hang the brush upside down, it touches the counter top!

I've found the Silvertip and the Best too scritchy for me ( YMMV ). The Finest, Super and Silvertip A are not scritchy at all. I'll repeat what I've ( and other people ) have posted before that the Finest is THE best bang for buck knot that Tony sells. Soft tips yet nice and firm bristle.

Finest was suggested and I just went to Silvertip. They scratch a bit at the moment but nothing bad. I'm happy with the results.

Excellent job Luc. So all it took to get you to finish was a plane trip and breakfast with ya huh :thumbup1:

Doesn't matter if that brush isn't Ivory, still a very nice looking brush . I should have snaffled it but was concentrating more on keeping you away from my Daine and Hathaway Miltary kit :biggrin1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've found the Silvertip and the Best too scritchy for me ( YMMV ). The Finest, Super and Silvertip A are not scritchy at all. I'll repeat what I've ( and other people ) have posted before that the Finest is THE best bang for buck knot that Tony sells. Soft tips yet nice and firm bristle.

Excellent job Luc. So all it took to get you to finish was a plane trip and breakfast with ya huh :thumbup1:

Doesn't matter if that brush isn't Ivory, still a very nice looking brush . I should have snaffled it but was concentrating more on keeping you away from my Daine and Hathaway Miltary kit :biggrin1:

Yeah, keepin' that drop kit 2 tables behind just to be sure... :lol:

Let me know if you want the brush Ian...

Top Bottom