What's new

Resto? Rolls?

Has anyone here ever restored a rolls SE. I’d love to get one but all the ones iv found on eBay the strop side is all cut up can it be replaced and how would I got about it?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have a couple that I have thought about repairing but I have not moved forward. The only thing that I can think of, is maybe contacting a Strop maker and see what they have to say about either repairing the strop or making a new one. As for the razor itself I have no idea as SE razors and I really don’t get on.

the strop leather is the ezy part I have a friend who makes custom leather work. what I need to know is if it is glued to the lid it would be a royal pain to get it off if it was.

the strop leather is the ezy part I have a friend who makes custom leather work. what I need to know is if it is glued to the lid it would be a royal pain to get it off if it was.
Depending on the glue, acetone should soften it...

R

romsitsa

Hello, some are glued, others are not. Anyhow, the inside of the case is nickel plated brass, so removing the glue (it most likely became already brittle) is no problem. There are two little tabs at the short end of the hone/strop, pry these gently up and remove the plates.

Adam

Great news all I have just got one today and started the clean up one question do I have to put some strop paste I have crox and alox wich would be better?

Top Bottom