What's new

Respect the Parker 97R double edge safety razor!

Lots of recommendations for the Merkur 34C or the Edwin Jagger DE 89, but I rarely see the Parker 97R mentioned. I like it a lot. Just a little more efficient and aggressive than the Merkur 34C or the EJ DE 89, brass handle, zamak head nicely chromed with a no slip handle, I like it better than either one of the others. I have more expensive razors, but it's surprising how often I go back to this. I get more blade feel than my Henson milds, or my Winning Razor and sometimes I crave this. My Merica razor is just a shade too aggressive for my taste. I lean toward milder razors.
I just saw the the Parker 97R for $19.99 at knifecenter.com. Great deal. I paid $30 on Amazon, and I feel like it was worth every penny.
So the next time the new guy wants a recommendation, or you're just in the mood for something new, or a travel razor, consider the Parker 97R. And no, I do not work for Parker, lol.

Last edited:
Lots of recommendations for the Merkur 34C or the Edwin Jagger DE 89, but I rarely see the Parker 97R mentioned. I like it a lot. Just a little more efficient and aggressive than the Merkur 34C or the EJ DE 89, brass handle, zamak head nicely chromed with a no slip handle, I like it better than either one of the others. I have more expensive razors, but it's surprising how often I go back to this. I get more blade feel than my Henson milds, or my Winning Razor and sometimes I crave this. My Merica razor is just a shade too aggressive for my taste. I lean toward milder razors.
I just saw the the Parker 97R for $19.99 at knifecenter.com. Great deal. I paid $30 on Amazon, and I feel like it was worth every penny.
So the next time the new guy wants a recommendation, or you're just in the mood for something new, or a travel razor, consider the Parker 97R. And no, I do not work for Parker, lol.
The 97R is super underrated. It's as if it didn't exist. It's what the Merkur 34C should be. Better build quality and a bit more agressive with real efficiency. I too have expensive modern razors and vintage ones as well. The 97R was one of the first razors when I started wet shaving and it's the only one I've kept from my originals. I usually don't use it all the time but it's my most used razor when I travel. Works great and if it gets lost I don't lose much since it's cheap to replace.

I agree that the Parker 97R is a great razor, one of my favorites also. Also the 94R which has the same head only a different handle which I think is better than the 97. To great razors that don't get enough air time.

I forgot to mention, the Gillette Heritage and the King C Gillette safety razors. Parker 97R blows them out of the water too, imo. Go buy one.

Top Bottom