What's new

RESOLVED ***type advertisement on B&B

What’s with these new type ads that cover the middle of the screen and blur out the rest? Don’t the owners make enough with the other ads?

Am I the only one that finds this irritating?

B58FBFB0-DE64-4151-A197-F0CF8EEC21E1.png

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good formula of turning people away from this forum, what I have done is click the Small triangle X before leaving page seems to help. It is very annoying!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I get the big ads when I am not signed in. When I am signed in like now I don’t get ads. Maybe @BigFoot might be able to help out.

I only get ads aimed at women. Why would I ever be interested in these?
You've been tracked and profiled. Sometime in the past, you might have shopped for something for a woman on an affiliated site. If you ever shop for baby products, you can be falsely profiled as female.

There is some privacy software that can greatly reduce the tracking and profiling.

I just got another one right after reading the above post. It’s coming from Google and I only get them on the Badger & Blade website. I believe the owners of B&B have sold the space to Google. If it doesn’t stop I’m out of here for good.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just got another one right after reading the above post. It’s coming from Google and I only get them on the Badger & Blade website. I believe the owners of B&B have sold the space to Google. If it doesn’t stop I’m out of here for good.
@Jim said that he would look into it. Please give him the opportunity to do so. It is Easter and might take a little time.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
You've been tracked and profiled. Sometime in the past, you might have shopped for something for a woman on an affiliated site. If you ever shop for baby products, you can be falsely profiled as female.

There is some privacy software that can greatly reduce the tracking and profiling.

What browser are you using? I had lots of similar issues using Chrome. Switching to Safari (Mac user here) pretty much eliminated the problems.

Google is the worst.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
These are the type of ads I'm getting recently and they take over the whole screen when I'm going to another thread.
I have not been looking for a truck either! I'm using Chrome.
Ad on Badger & blade.jpg

Hope they get this fixed soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom