What's new

RESOLVED ***type advertisement on B&B

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I just got another one right after reading the above post. It’s coming from Google and I only get them on the Badger & Blade website. I believe the owners of B&B have sold the space to Google. If it doesn’t stop I’m out of here for good.
I'm getting them also on my android tablet, but only on B&B. Very annoying.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Seems like there are several options here:

1) become a contributor
2) install an ad blocker on your browser (it installs in the background and prevents ads across most sites and you never hardly know it's there)
3) pack up your bags and leave

We love having everyone around here but it does take money to host and maintain the site - based on the traffic here (while good it's not YouTube level) I would be shocked if anyone is sitting in a mansion watching their millions roll in - any advertising likely goes into site maintenance.

I don't recall having ads even before I was a contributor but I know it's a very minimal contribution to support the site - I did it simply to show my appreciation of the community and information available here.

YMMV as they say.
I'll go with option 3...

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Yup. Just came across big ad for ladies pubic hair sensitive razors. I was tempted to click on the site, but followed another “Arko smell” thread instead. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Never had em on my PC or my iPhone. That was one of the reasons I liked it here. The last forum I frequented (not shaving related) had ads inside each post! They can be very annoying

I've started getting them too. I don't like using ad blockers because the ads are paying for the site. But when a web site starts with ****ty pop-ups designed to try to trick you to click through to some scummy web site, that's not acceptable.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Agreed these ads are annoying I get them on my android and my iPad using chrome and safari.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Are you signed in when these ads are shown. When I am not signed in a get some ads, when I am signed in I don’t get them.

I stayed logged in at B&B at all times and started to be disturbed by advertisements this week.
I used Chrome on both mobile phones and computers, and the coverage of these ads does affect the experience of B&B.

For a gentleman’s forum, pop-up ads are obnoxious. I understand that they want you to be a paying member, but bombarding you with ads is the wrong way to go IMHO. The ads at the top and bottoms of each page was more than enough..

I am on several shaving forums that have no ads. And I visited one briefly that has even more ads than here. I haven’t returned to that one.

I just got one of these ads for the first time today. I clicked to open a thread and the same ad the OP started the thread with took over my screen. The only way for me to get rid of the ad was to push the back button. I understand ads pay for the site, but agree with others that this type of browser takeover is too much. Hopefully Jim is successful figuring out what's causing it.

Top Bottom