What's new

Researching Holsters is worse than a newbie researching soaps, blades and brushes!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I see you already have some character marks on it. That’s good. Show me a mechanic with clean tools and I’ll show you a mechanic who doesn’t use them. :)
The two small straight lines on the slide are actually relief for the slide release. I believe they were put there so it molded better during forming.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Checking locally (with shipping fees to the island considered) would be good. See what they got, but there I wouldn't think much would be available, but I've never been there.

I do IWB or pocket carry mostly with polo shirts. Winter with coat is usually pocket carry in coat pocket or pocket in pants. But you don't have to deal with a coat.

To add to the confusion...

Made to order...

Mass produced but excellent quality...

The other custom makers mentioned are excellent and historic.

Oh, and another good quality, and @OkieStubble would agree, is...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Checking locally (with shipping fees to the island considered) would be good. See what they got, but there I wouldn't think much would be available, but I've never been there.

I do IWB or pocket carry mostly with polo shirts. Winter with coat is usually pocket carry in coat pocket or pocket in pants. But you don't have to deal with a coat.

To add to the confusion...

Made to order...

Mass produced but excellent quality...

The other custom makers mentioned are excellent and historic.

Oh, and another good quality, and @OkieStubble would agree, is...

Don Hume, good ole’ Okie boy! :)

For over twenty years, all of my pistols have been in Milt Sparks leather, OWB and IWB. When I got my Sig P365 almost two years ago, I turned to one holster maker whom I read a lot of good things about. Tulster, from Oklahoma for my first kydex holster. Been carrying the P365 in a Tulster IWB since day one and could not be more satisfied! The Sig disappears and Carrys very easily. In the meantime, treat yourself to a Milt Sparks holster or two. Worth the wait. Btw, I remember waiting only a week or two for one of their holsters. 😉 Great workmanship!

P365 guy here every day I go out AIWB
I am 5’11” 175-180 lbs flat gut good shape which does help with apendix
so this is not leather but just to give the old YMMV view :)
to me one just has to try a bunch like our razors or blades its all personal

So the two that worked so well for me are
my fav is TXC holster
also use Tenicor

both work for me and I have more time with the TXC and think it is better when sitting but again both you can not tell no printing they are insane good on me

for me with the p365 so small light prefer to just carry the mag in a pocket with small clip thing to hold ready than a larger rig but this is personal

OkieStubble

For over twenty years, all of my pistols have been in Milt Sparks leather, OWB and IWB. When I got my Sig P365 almost two years ago, I turned to one holster maker whom I read a lot of good things about. Tulster, from Oklahoma for my first kydex holster. Been carrying the P365 in a Tulster IWB since day one and could not be more satisfied! The Sig disappears and Carrys very easily. In the meantime, treat yourself to a Milt Sparks holster or two. Worth the wait. Btw, I remember waiting only a week or two for one of their holsters. 😉 Great workmanship!

I have been a die hard Uncle Mike’s soft holster behind the hip guy for decades.

Now my Glock 43X rides in a Tulster holster, appendix or Behind the hip at 4:30.

A385DF8B-183C-45BA-B1B1-C5927E508251.jpeg

0504FD00-11CC-4022-9F51-93A4F9E88219.jpeg

Absolutely love it! Thin, lightweight and minimalist design. Sits snug and tight against the body without a claw. :)

For Kydex, I have had great luck with Vedder holsters. I have also owned several Tommy Thies hybrids which I wear both IWB and OWB. One thing is for sure, you have to give them away when you no longer want or need them.

OkieStubble

I think gonna go Kydex now, and if things go my way, invest in some leather later.

Good plan. There is some nice comfortable IWB leather out there that is good quality without spending a bunch of money.

I probably would never buy a luxury top tier priced leather holster for IWB carry of a black, striker fired pistol of any brand. Really expensive holsters for really expensive guns seems reasonable to me, but if you got the financial swag to holster every gun you have in expensive leather, I say if you got it, flaunt it. :)

But mid-grade lower priced leather holster makers are plentiful and don’t cost a bunch of money.

I have a black OWB pancake holster from Mitch Rosen. It’s a good quality mid-tier working man’s leather holster for EDC. And I got it for $85. Not the cheapest out there, but it’s quality leather, stitching and design, works very well for what it’s intended and I didn’t pay $150.

My Glock rides in it well, high and tight to the body. It’s a bit boogered up after a few years of carry, but I consider that as carry character. :)

I think I’d be afraid of marking up an expensive holster.

90E2E056-EA33-4FE9-A1B3-4F6A33F8C449.jpeg

I have a lot of Vedder holsters with the metal clip. Some of them have a claw, some do not. I like the Vedder single clip holster because it is easy to secure it around the belt and also fairly easy to take off. I can do this even in a vehicle - something I struggle with when I used other holsters.

I haven’t read everyone here, but I doubt anyone’s off base at all.

I’m no spring chicken, 20-something triathlete these days. I run a G19 in a sidecar and it works after fine tuning the set up. Using a micro-adjustable belt, or it set just right I can slide it up while seated, push down for a standing/walking position. Polos and/or untucked buttoned and modern fishing shirts cover just fine.

I can hide a 5” 1911 just fine IWB at the 3 o’clock (strong side) with a 5-10 degree cant and did pics in a Hawaiian shirt to spoof a buddy who started it.

And I’m 6’/215.

A bit of a belly won’t hinder AIWB.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
If you decide to give leather a look check out Ryan Grizzle. I have a couple of his holsters, I really like them. The down fall is his wait time. The better the maker the longer the wait. :frown:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think gonna go Kydex now, and if things go my way, invest in some leather later.
That is what I did. Kydex worked fine while I waited 8 weeks for my Privateer.

On edit: Kydex is great when you just want to stuff and go without undoing your belt. Also, added picture.
75F1B416-AF60-4DDC-90FF-339F7E67DC53.jpeg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good plan. There is some nice comfortable IWB leather out there that is good quality without spending a bunch of money.

I probably would never buy a luxury top tier priced leather holster for IWB carry of a black, striker fired pistol of any brand. Really expensive holsters for really expensive guns seems reasonable to me, but if you got the financial swag to holster every gun you have in expensive leather, I say if you got it, flaunt it. :)

But mid-grade lower priced leather holster makers are plentiful and don’t cost a bunch of money.

I have a black OWB pancake holster from Mitch Rosen. It’s a good quality mid-tier working man’s leather holster for EDC. And I got it for $85. Not the cheapest out there, but it’s quality leather, stitching and design, works very well for what it’s intended and I didn’t pay $150.

My Glock rides in it well, high and tight to the body. It’s a bit boogered up after a few years of carry, but I consider that as carry character. :)

I think I’d be afraid of marking up an expensive holster.

View attachment 1577796
My Privateer Leather Buccaneer was $130 including shipping. I don’t worry too much about it. It is good leather, and marking it up just adds character, as you’ve said. I like supporting artisans, and Wes isn’t too crazy on his prices.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The more Kydex I look at the more they look the same. Something similar to how all DE blades look the same but shave different. Looks like a leap of faith is the only way.

Someone should start a business and have a big box of holsters they send out for $x.xx per piece for guys to try out.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The more Kydex I look at the more they look the same. Something similar to how all DE blades look the same but shave different. Looks like a leap of faith is the only way.

Someone should start a business and have a big box of holsters they send out for $x.xx per piece for guys to try out.
If you haven’t already, look at Crossbreed holsters. Leather and Kydex, best of both worlds. My only complaint is the metal clips they use (or used to use) would wear holes in my shirt.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

If I had to do it again, I would order the Tulster kydex holster that @OkieStubble recommends. I value his opinions on the matter more than my lack of experience.

I definitely agree; however, Philster, Keeper's Concealment and the RCS Eidolon are absolutely the best for AIWB. Regular 3-4 o'clock carry, there isn't much substantive difference, as long as they're using the same weight of kydex.

Top Bottom