What's new

Rescue dogs

We lost one dog last fall and almost another several months ago. It’s rough but what great lives our pets (hopefully) enjoy. Good on you guys for bringing so much joy to this little girl. I hope she sees many more days of good lap naps. Sucks our pets don’t live as long as us.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
You did a great job loving that pup the way you did. Well done. It's always hard to lose them...but I would rather have that love and feel the loss than to not have the love at all. Again...well done. So good that the pup had someone in life that cared...as you did.

She is lucky that you became part of her life and your family is also lucky to enjoy her company. Pets touch our lives and leave us with memories.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Please just make sure that you are there with her when she passes, so she is with loved ones not strangers. I have seen a lot of people say it is too hard, but they are scared and you are their life!

Tom
Oh, absolutely, would never leave an animal alone in their last minutes, and we have lost a few already. It will be hard, but we be there for her.

My heart goes out to you and your wife. You were marvelous providence for Noodles. She now knows that she is loved. It is so very hard to go through. May God give you the strength and may you get the love and support to get through this, just as you give to Noodles.

Rudy Vey

The day came much faster than I had expected. Today she did not want to eat or get up at all, sleeping all the time. Her breathing was extremely labored and she had started to cough again. We knew it was her time, so we took her to the vet. I was holding her all the time during the procedure, she did her last breath in my arms and I felt her little heart stop. Miss her so much and this is so much harder than we both had thought. Thanks to Dr Norton of Whitehouse Veterinarians he helped her to cross the rainbow bridge.
The very last picture I took of her today just before we left for the vets, I had to wake and prop up on the bed
IMG_1935.jpg

The day came much faster than I had expected. Today she did not want to eat or get up at all, sleeping all the time. Her breathing was extremely labored and she had started to cough again. We knew it was her time, so we took her to the vet. I was holding her all the time during the procedure, she did her last breath in my arms and I felt her little heart stop. Miss her so much and this is so much harder than we both had thought. Thanks to Dr Norton of Whitehouse Veterinarians he helped her to cross the rainbow bridge.
The very last picture I took of her today just before we left for the vets, I had to wake and prop up on the bedView attachment 1424933.
I am so glad that you and your wife had the time with her!!! I am writing this with tears in my eyes as I know how you feel!!! I will end with this, There is no love like the love of your dog, your are their complete world!!!

Tom

Sorry for you loss Rudy, our boy was an older rescue when we got him. I have no idea what I will do or how I will cope when he eventually heads over the rainbow bridge but no matter how long we have him for I am just glad he got a happy life at the end.

It sounds like it's the same with your girl, no matter what happened before you took her in so looks like she found her happy place with you.

So sorry for your loss. We are also rescuers of older dogs. She may only have been with you a short time, but you gave her love and dignity in her last days.

Peace.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I offer my deepest condolences, Rudy. Thank you for sharing your story.

Our dog is something of a rescue. Friends of ours were getting divorced, and neither one wanted to deal with their 9-month old puppy. We took him.

I do not look forward to the day we lose him.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm so sorry to here this but the last thing she felt as she went to sleep and crossed over the rainbow 🌈 bridge was the one she loved holding her. Now she is no longer in pain and runs free through endless meadows playing with all the other dogs chasing butterflies and getting up to all sorts of mischief.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The treats have all been eaten,
The squirrels all chased away.
The nightfall is upon us,
She can no longer stay.

But do not cry in sorrow,
At her passing like the day.
The joy you gave each other,
Was worth more than one could pay.

Your Noodle rests in comfort,
At peace, beyond the fray.
No pain or fear, just happy as
when in your lap she'd lay.

And when it's time to join her,
Upon some future day,
Then know she'll be there waiting
for all the games you'll play.

-Phil

Graydog

Biblical Innards
She can no longer stay.

Upon some future day,

-Phil
That's beautiful Phil
Thanks for sharing it

Rudy Vey

She can no longer stay.

Upon some future day,

-Phil
Thanks, very much appreciated. Missing her every day.

Thanks, very much appreciated. Missing her every day.
Rudy, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. We lost a 19 year old Doxie this past Fall. Two weeks ago we lost our 17 year old Doxie. Ours were not left to be alone with a stranger at the end and it was tough. We still have a 7 year old Bulldog and she is still grieving.

I read something that still chokes me up. “Our dogs are a part of our lives. But we are their entire life.”

Best Regards

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The very last picture I took of her today just before we left for the vets, I had to wake and prop up on the bedView attachment 1424933.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. They're such great pals. The unconditional love they give is amazing. You'll be filled with wonderful memories.

@Rudy Vey I grieve with you and your Wife this week too. A week ago today we said goodbye to our 13 year old Black Labrador Retriever after having heard a diagnosis of Lymphoma. We made the decision rather quickly because we didn't want him to suffer.

The house is too quiet now, almost everything that happened in our home before revolved around him and now he's gone.

But, it was better to have loved him and lost him, then to have never known him at all. I'm sure that you could say the same about your dog. She was loved deeply and lived the very best life that she could have all because of you.

You will see her again Rudy and I wish you Peace.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
So many of you have recently lost a close family member.... that's what they become.... I know nothing I can say will truly ease your pain.... but I do wish you all well.

Kim (the male variety)

Top Bottom