What's new

Resale Shop Find

Went to a resale shop to buy a wood box and found this stuff. He wanted $100 and I talked him down to $45. Not sure if I over paid but I don't care because I have never come across any of these before. Not sure what I have but I thought they were cool. The two gillette DEs I think are 1904. Both have "pat nov 1504" on the handle.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Edit: Please post your pics of great finds, so newbies know what to look out for!

Thanks
Rob

First these and now the Tigers are going to the World Series!

Last edited:
Wow $45 for two Gillette Double Rings was an outright steal!! A search on Ebay for recent completed listing shows them averaging $200 each.

The Double Ring is the first DE Razor Gillette produced. Given they are 108 years old, they are not exactly plentiful!!

:thumbup:

seriously a nice score!!! and in boxes, with papers! (def scan those puppies!)

and a Twinplex DE razor strop to boot!

wanna go in on the powerball?

Wow Great score! Can you take some scans of the paperwork in the box?
I will tomorrow, I read through them and the one is in awesome condition.

Should I clean them up for shave ready or leave them? I just started collecting DEs two months ago and have never spent more than $15 on a razor so I almost walked away from these, but thanks to B&B I knew enough about Gillette's that these were pre 1920, so I bought them.

He also had a DE made from Luna Razor Co. He was asking $60 for it but I didn't know anything about Luna. It was silver plating and in perfect condition. Should I go back and get that too?

Thanks for the help, going to look up these dates right now!
Rob

Last edited:
This gives me hope that one day, I will find a bottom dial Fatboy, a Toggle, and of course, a Double Ring for next to nothing.

Nice finds!

ugh im so jealous. that is such an amazing find. if it were me i wouldnt even have haggled at that price lol. seeing 2 cased double rings with instructions for 100 would have floored me for

Some of you wanted to see the paperwork, here is the first box.
P$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a scanner at home!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 278
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 278
I'm sorry to say you overpaid, but in the spirit of generosity I'd be happy to help reimburse you for your losses.

Congratulations on the amazing finds.

Top Bottom