What's new

Request for a pictorial

Having only been wet shaving for a couple of months, I am still obviously very much a novice and, therefore, would like to ask for some help from those who are more experienced than me.
I posted in the general forum a while ago about the problems I was having shaving my jawbone, and whilst the suggestion about pulling the skin tight in order to facilitate shaving the area has seen an improvement, I am afraid that I lack the coordination and dexterity to be able to make the most of this technique; to that end I was hoping that someone would be able to put together a pictorial illustrating how they shave their jaw bones.
The main problem for me is the change in angle that the jawbone represents, this makes manoeuvreing the head of my merkur futur over the area very difficult and consequently I am unable to maintain the correct angle, I often end up scraping the cream off with the head of the razor and lose blade contact altogether.
if a pictorial is too much to ask then any advice you can offer will be appreciated.
Regards,
AJS

AJS said:
Having only been wet shaving for a couple of months, I am still obviously very much a novice and, therefore, would like to ask for some help from those who are more experienced than me.
I posted in the general forum a while ago about the problems I was having shaving my jawbone, and whilst the suggestion about pulling the skin tight in order to facilitate shaving the area has seen an improvement, I am afraid that I lack the coordination and dexterity to be able to make the most of this technique; to that end I was hoping that someone would be able to put together a pictorial illustrating how they shave their jaw bones.
The main problem for me is the change in angle that the jawbone represents, this makes manoeuvreing the head of my merkur futur over the area very difficult and consequently I am unable to maintain the correct angle, I often end up scraping the cream off with the head of the razor and lose blade contact altogether.
if a pictorial is too much to ask then any advice you can offer will be appreciated.
Regards,
AJS

If I wasn't afraid of you turning to stone after looking at my face, I'd probably post some mugs shots. Just a simple suggestion, like stretching the skin, displacing the skin. Ah! What does that mean? Just this, lift up on your cheek so that the skin from the jawline now rests on the lowest portion of the cheek. Do pure E-W and W-E passes (Ear to Chin and Chin to Ear). Go Carefully and SLOWLY! If your skin tends to gather or wrinkle when displaced, this is one way of cutting the daylights out of youself!

Top Bottom