What's new

Repurposing Items For Shaving

Edwardian one drawer stand with shelves makes a perfect razor, brush, scuttle storage cabinet.

As a bonus, it fits perfectly in my shave den and holds everything.

SWMBO found it and brought it home to me (good girl)

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice and it fits perfect where you have it.

When I travel, I bring a collapsible, silicon dog-bowel in my dopp kit. I place it over one of the hotel's coffee mugs with hot water in it, and the rising heat helps to keep the lather warm. And I bought these tiny sample-jars of TOBS a while ago. I keep those in my dopp kit, each with a differently scented cream for every day of my stay. All that helps prevent home-sickness.

That is so funny - I thought I was the only grown man who could walk away from something so nerdy and then drive all the way back and get it anyway :lol1:

This certainly wasn't the first time. There's no telling how many miles I've driven going back to get something I talked myself out of. My wife gets so mad at me when I do this especially if it's gone when I get back. I start griping at myself for not getting when I first saw it then she starts griping at me also. If she sees me looking at something then put it back, some times she goes behind me and gets it anyway. I have too many enablers in my life.

Now that is sweet

Thanks. When I got it, I thought it was broke and I guess the vendor thought it was also because it was marked $10. When I got it home and plugged it in I figured it out. It turns 1/4 turn, stops for about 10 seconds then turns another 1/4 turn.

This certainly wasn't the first time. There's no telling how many miles I've driven going back to get something I talked myself out of. My wife gets so mad at me when I do this especially if it's gone when I get back. I start griping at myself for not getting when I first saw it then she starts griping at me also. If she sees me looking at something then put it back, some times she goes behind me and gets it anyway. I have too many enablers in my life.

Haha. Me too! - Except the latter part, my wife never buys something that I’ve walked away from :(

I cam across an old Piggybank at an antique store. I picked it up for ten bucks. I'm going to use it as a reusable blade bank.

View attachment 885772

It has a screw on the bottom that holds the front and back halves together. So when it gets filled, I'll simply open, dump the blades into an old container, duct tape shut, and toss. Then, I'll reassemble the piggy blade bank and start filling again.:)

View attachment 885776

I cleaned the screw some....but ended up replacing it wit a newer screw.:)

“Blade Hog” love it!

Great Ideas I use green glass vinegar and Hot Sauce bottles for After shaves and hair tonics.

I'm curious. I have some glass AS bottles that are quite nice and want to re-use them to store/use other aftershaves (mostly the ones that come in plastic bottles).

How do you transfer to the glass bottle if the restricter is permanent or cannot be removed? Also, how to clean?

I'm curious. I have some glass AS bottles that are quite nice and want to re-use them to store/use other aftershaves (mostly the ones that come in plastic bottles).

How do you transfer to the glass bottle if the restricter is permanent or cannot be removed? Also, how to clean?

I go to Walmart pharmacy and ask for a syringe used to give oral medicine to a baby or dog. They're usually free. I pour the contents of one bottle into a bowl then use the syringe to put it in the new bottle. It takes a couple of minutes but there's usually not much mess.

I bought a dozen hot sauce bottles on amazon for about $12 shipped that came wutha restrictor and caps for all. The bottle your taking aftershave from you can pry the restrictor out and pour in new bottle. Install it's restrictor and cap it. Also could grt one of the teeny tiny funnels off ebay if you want but I ended up not needing. If using your own pry restrictor out carefully and reuse or if damage buy replacement restrictors.

Top Bottom