What's new

Repurposing Items For Shaving

Edwardian one drawer stand with shelves makes a perfect razor, brush, scuttle storage cabinet.

As a bonus, it fits perfectly in my shave den and holds everything.

SWMBO found it and brought it home to me (good girl)

proxy.php

proxy.php

I use a non-slip counter pad for my scuttle, and a soup mug for shave soap when I travel and for soaking razor and brush during shaving. Both came from WalMart.

Travel Soap-2.JPG

I ran across this at a flea market last weekend but passed on it, I've just been bringing too much stuff home lately. When I saw the one that @Dave in KY had, I changed my mind and went back for it today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :a13:

2018-05-23 20.08.46.jpg

I found this at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. There was an older gentleman there that said he had it since he was a kid. I use it for a blade bank.

2018-05-23 20.26.03.jpg

Here's what I keep some of my soap in.

2018-05-23 20.28.37.jpg

I ran across this at a flea market last weekend but passed on it, I've just been bringing too much stuff home lately. When I saw the one that @Dave in KY had, I changed my mind and went back for it today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :a13:

View attachment 885695

I found this at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. There was an older gentleman there that said he had it since he was a kid. I use it for a blade bank.

View attachment 885702

Here's what I keep some of my soap in.

View attachment 885704
Glad I could help :001_tt2: :001_302: Looks Great :a17:

Edwardian one drawer stand with shelves makes a perfect razor, brush, scuttle storage cabinet.

As a bonus, it fits perfectly in my shave den and holds everything.

SWMBO found it and brought it home to me (good girl)

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is one gorgeous piece - I have been looking for this type which displays brushes and other stuff too. And a better size for fitting into the den. I only found one but got overbid. And that was not as nice as this! - Nice catch!

You win Peter! That is the nicest piece of old shop furniture for storing razors that I have ever seen. I am very impressed sir. I have actually been looking for something like this myself.

Well thank you sir - and as I have so far only filled 5 drawers it would actually be more appropriate for you - as your fantastic razor collection could just about fit into this if all 36 drawers were filled to the brim :punk:

View attachment 885695

That is so funny - I thought I was the only grown man who could walk away from something so nerdy and then drive all the way back and get it anyway :lol1:

Some B&B member made a really nice razor and brush holder by bending up a chromed rod paper towel holder. Anybody recall that one?

I made this razor/brush holder out of a $2 paper towel holder ... you WILL need a bench vise to bend it, though:

full

full

AA

Some really wonderful DIY projects here. Nice dens!

Reminds me of when I first got into pottery and I started looking at everything as a potential tool to alter clay. Now I'll be at thrift stores looking at how I can create shaving paraphernalia. The rabbit hole is opening up before me...

Vintage 12-sided rubber stamp rack/carousel for brushes.
Since this photo was taken I've been storing most razors in the middle. Long handled razors (like the Fendrihan in front) still have to go on the outside. Also I've added polyurethane tubing covers to the spring clamps, so as not to scratch the held object.
rubber-stamp-rack_6268-jpg.885364

It was mint in box, from an army surplus store, for something like Cad$8.00.

I've got one of these squirrled away someplace at the family business! I need to find it! St. Anthony and I will look for it.:) Excellent idea!

image.jpg
I travel extensively for work for a week at a time. I have found these little battery holders for rechargeable batteries make decent blade banks while on the go. After a trip, I take out any blades that are in there and place them in the bank at home for recycling.

I cam across an old Piggybank at an antique store. I picked it up for ten bucks. I'm going to use it as a reusable blade bank.

blade bank01.jpg

It has a screw on the bottom that holds the front and back halves together. So when it gets filled, I'll simply open, dump the blades into an old container, duct tape shut, and toss. Then, I'll reassemble the piggy blade bank and start filling again.:)

blade bank02.jpg

I cleaned the screw some....but ended up replacing it wit a newer screw.:)

I cam across an old Piggybank at an antique store. I picked it up for ten bucks. I'm going to use it as a reusable blade bank.

View attachment 885772

It has a screw on the bottom that holds the front and back halves together. So when it gets filled, I'll simply open, dump the blades into an old container, duct tape shut, and toss. Then, I'll reassemble the piggy blade bank and start filling again.:)

View attachment 885776

I cleaned the screw some....but ended up replacing it wit a newer screw.:)

Sweet find.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My Mitchell's soap sits in a wide drinking mug. My homemade moustache wax sits in a reused nasal snuff tin, and my homemade beard oil is in an old vape juice bottle.

A little vanity kit which has the usual lint brush, nail clippers and file, and suchlike, has had the GII razor and blades swapped for a Dovo stainless shavette and pack of DE blades.

Spent blades are ditched in an old baking yeast tub with a slit in the lid.

Victorian era piggy bank now used for blades. Love this. I got the idea from a fellow member some years ago.
IMG_7908.JPG

This piece of magnetic came from a toy grater. I placed it in my medicine cabinett. Its of course for blades that I currently use. I got kids around so safety comes first. Not the greatest pic but you get the idea.
IMG_7910.JPG

Victorian era piggy bank now used for blades. Love this. I got the idea from a fellow member some years ago.
View attachment 885818

This piece of magnetic came from a toy grater. I placed it in my medicine cabinett. Its of course for blades that I currently use. I got kids around so safety comes first. Not the greatest pic but you get the idea.
View attachment 885819

Nice Henrik. I use mine for the same purpose. But yours is much more shiny than mine. I think I’ll clean mine up and see how shiny I can make it.

4D03294C-E043-48BD-A8D3-5F1EEB88C6D2.jpeg

Nice Henrik. I use mine for the same purpose. But yours is much more shiny than mine. I think I’ll clean mine up and see how shiny I can make it.

View attachment 885823

Aha! The idea I stole from you apparently! Thank you ever so much.
Actually it was some time ago since I polished it but I coated mine with Renaissance wax so it will not tarnish so fast. Good stuff.

Aha! The idea I stole from you apparently! Thank you ever so much.
Actually it was some time ago since I polished it but I coated mine with Renaissance wax so it will not tarnish so fast. Good stuff.

Also really liked the magnet for blades in use - I will steal this with pride :thumbup1:

Top Bottom