What's new

Repurposing Items For Shaving

Repurpose.jpg
My recent contributions to recycling for shaving resources:

1. Converted a broth can to a blade bank.
2. Converted a medicine bottle to use rubbing alcohol as a blade cleaner / razor cleaner.
3. Converted a grated cheese container to hold the Ship Shape soap product I use to clean my shaving brushes / razor(s).

As a former pipe smoker, I reused two old pipe stands to hold razors. The black and white bulldog is in good condition. In the background, a variable temperature coffee warmer and SS creamer is used to heat water for a scuttle bowl. My granddaughter's miniature coffee mug (second photo), is used to pre-soak a brush. My sweet wife came up with the soup(?) bowl idea for lathering.

Attachments

• PXL_20210330_123920830.jpg
    PXL_20210330_123920830.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210330_130350071.jpg
    PXL_20210330_130350071.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I was thinking of how to hang up my brushes safely and dry them at the same time and so the hunt for different brush hangers was on.
I like these these Guitar wall hangers and bought 8 to try out, I was going to shortened the arm length on all of them but decided to keep 4 shortened by 1 1/8 inches and 4 longer ones that can easily hold 2 brushes as unaltered. The brushes are kept along a the mirror cabinet on top of a cloths bureau & was ideal for this wasted space. Talked the wife into it first and then waited a long time for them to be shipped. There are other stores online that supply these same ones and shipping is more efficient. So had to show how it looks and maybe some others will have ideas for this sort of thing.
The brushes are easy assessable just around the bathroom door with in arms reach.
The nice thing about these brush (guitar)hangers they are adjustable to fit any brush and even 2 synthetic brushes in one holder of similar brush handle dimensions.
Brush rack 4.jpg

Have some great shaves!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was thinking of how to hang up my brushes safely and dry them at the same time and so the hunt for different brush hangers was on.
I like these these Guitar wall hangers and bought 8 to try out, I was going to shortened the arm length on all of them but decided to keep 4 shortened by 1 1/8 inches and 4 longer ones that can easily hold 2 brushes as unaltered. The brushes are kept along a the mirror cabinet on top of a cloths bureau & was ideal for this wasted space. Talked the wife into it first and then waited a long time for them to be shipped. There are other stores online that supply these same ones and shipping is more efficient. So had to show how it looks and maybe some others will have ideas for this sort of thing.
The brushes are easy assessable just around the bathroom door with in arms reach.
The nice thing about these brush (guitar)hangers they are adjustable to fit any brush and even 2 synthetic brushes in one holder of similar brush handle dimensions.
View attachment 1286795
Have some great shaves!
Very sharp set up my friend!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Brush & razor holder, Got looking at the picture and figured these could also hold razors and protect them very well also because they are adjustable.
Brush rack 7.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom