What's new

Repurpose subpar shave soap.

How do you repurpose your unwanted shaving soaps? I have a puck of C&E Indian Sandlewood, which we all know, don't lather. However, it does have great slickness and does give good post shave feel, so I've used it as a pre shave soap if you will pared with a cream with good results. I'm not sure if you could class that as super lather because the soap don't lather.

proxy.php

I have a small puck of col conk almond that I didn't like as a shave soap. It now lives in the shower with a synthetic brush that I use to scrub my face. I enjoy it enough to go get another small puck of cheaper soap just to keep in the shower.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
MWF worked horribly for me. I'm a rare minority. I didn't want to ship it away, though, as it started to crack and crumble from not using it. I repurposed it as a shower soap and it actually was even worse in that role. It crumbled into tiny pieces in only a couple of showers. Had to just toss it in the end. I'm sure that many MWF lovers will find this a horrible fate for a perfectly fine puck of MWF, but it's honestly the worst soap I've ever used so I feel like it deserved its fate! :devil:

Doing some shopping around for a new home further into Phoenix (I'm somewhat removed from the rest of society currently) so hopefully the difference in water will change the performance. I plan on trying the stuff again after the move since I hear it's really picky about water. That said, I tried it with bottled water also and still got terrible results even after trying the soap dozens of times with every trick in the book. However, just knowing how popular the soap is I just can't help but keep trying it hoping that I'll someday be able to get a good shave with it...

Sorry for the rant. Basically, just use it in the shower as recommended - But be aware, if you repurpose MWF it's going to fall apart!

I've had only one puck so far that I couldnt lather. It did work pretty well in the shower though. Bathroom hand soap is also a good idea for it.

MWF worked horribly for me. I'm a rare minority. I didn't want to ship it away, though, as it started to crack and crumble from not using it. I repurposed it as a shower soap and it actually was even worse in that role. It crumbled into tiny pieces in only a couple of showers. Had to just toss it in the end. I'm sure that many MWF lovers will find this a horrible fate for a perfectly fine puck of MWF, but it's honestly the worst soap I've ever used so I feel like it deserved its fate! :devil:

Doing some shopping around for a new home further into Phoenix (I'm somewhat removed from the rest of society currently) so hopefully the difference in water will change the performance. I plan on trying the stuff again after the move since I hear it's really picky about water. That said, I tried it with bottled water also and still got terrible results even after trying the soap dozens of times with every trick in the book. However, just knowing how popular the soap is I just can't help but keep trying it hoping that I'll someday be able to get a good shave with it...

Sorry for the rant. Basically, just use it in the shower as recommended - But be aware, if you repurpose MWF it's going to fall apart!

Exactly my experience with MWF. Divine for some, trash for me, regardless of the water. I gave up even using it as a bath soap. Sometimes you just have to call it a loss and throw it out.

I've started using soap that doesn't lather as well as I'd like for a shave on my ark as a finishing step, like barbers used to do with barber hones.

sub par shaving soaps turn into shower body soaps, as suggested by domzals1

+1. Precisely. Wish that i had tumbled to this idea earlier. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

In the past, I tried to improve my lather, more product, more or less water, etc., etc. Some soaps simply do not work for shaving IMHO.

Top Bottom