What's new

Replating/revamping service

Hi everyone, I just dipped my toes in the vintage razors club and I was wondering where I can get an affordable revamp service for razors aside from the razor emporium as I hear their customer service is bad? If I'm wrong also let me know.. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Plenty of solid reviews here on B&B. I used Chris Evatt/Razorplate.com and he did a terrific job on my Fatboy. BackroadsGold also gets great reviews.

I've used RazorPlate and Razor Emporium. You will get a lot of good reviews here for RazorPlate. When Chris Evatt is good, he is really good. When he is bad, he will leave you holding a razor with a trashed finish. Maybe he will fix it...maybe not. If not, you may find yourself at the doorstep of Razor Emporium anyway, as I did. Of course tho, Evatt will blame it on the customer. *Eye roll*

Think hard before choosing Rhodium. It's beautiful but if Evatt screws it up, no other plater will want to take it off and correct it.

Razor Emporium will take a couple of weeks. RazorPlate will be a time vacuum. Months. And if you let him talk you into sending it to CAP its even longer and shipping fees get high fast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Plenty of solid reviews here on B&B. I used Chris Evatt/Razorplate.com and he did a terrific job on my Fatboy. BackroadsGold also gets great reviews.

+1

BackroadsGold is who I plan to use down the road. They have also have a YouTube channel that shows their process.

Hi everyone, I just dipped my toes in the vintage razors club and I was wondering where I can get an affordable revamp service for razors aside from the razor emporium as I hear their customer service is bad? If I'm wrong also let me know.. Thanks!

I had a good experience with using Razor Emporium's tune up service for my recently acquired Fat Boy.

I've used RazorPlate and Razor Emporium. You will get a lot of good reviews here for RazorPlate. When Chris Evatt is good, he is really good. When he is bad, he will leave you holding a razor with a trashed finish. Maybe he will fix it...maybe not. If not, you may find yourself at the doorstep of Razor Emporium anyway, as I did. Of course tho, Evatt will blame it on the customer. *Eye roll*

Think hard before choosing Rhodium. It's beautiful but if Evatt screws it up, no other plater will want to take it off and correct it.

Yeah,
You are the only one here to claim Chris Evatt screws it up. Ever.
In 7 - 8 years time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've not used any of them but as to the discussion above I'd remind everyone that in ALL things retail YMMV is a truism.

Even the best people have bad days, some customers have different experiences and expectations.

I've heard plenty of people rave elsewhere about R. Emporium and I've heard lots of people say they are the worst.

I've heard many compliment others but everyone's experience is different.

Just a gentle reminder to take all internet advise with a grain of salt and to remember this is by and large a positive happy environment that we all want to stay that way.

I for one do not believe it.

It's documented in another string. With photos.

Use the search function. Choose to believe as you wish, facts can be difficult to digest when they are contrary to your belief.

You could email Chris as he is very aware of the Red Dot Fatboy in question....or I can post his own words in emails, but I won't.

Happy shaves.

Guess backrosegold is what I'll use in the near future.

Top Bottom