What's new

Replating advice

Hello B&B I hope all is well. I have recently acquired a 1920 Gillette Richwwood whoo-hooo! However, I had some family over the other day while I was cleaning up my find. Everything was going smooth until I had to take the dog for a walk. I walk back in and my brother, who took the liberty of helping me clean, is scubbing my 1920 with a green scrub pad that was in my cleaning supplies....I was/am rather livid and dissipointed. So I am reaching out to hear your thoughts on getting this beauty replated. I was recommended razor emporium from Scott over at North Shore but I also hear good things about Chris @ Back Roads Gold. What are your thoughts? Should I keep it original and replate with silver? What are your thoughts on a copper replate? What would you do?

I just had a couple done at Back Roads Gold, they turned out rather nicely. One was a Sheraton that was very brassy and then a brass customized Tech. Here's a before of the tech and then the one from Chris.
20190228_174528.jpgIMG_20210817_144451 (1).jpg

20210816_231707.jpg20210816_231611.jpg20210816_231603.jpg Here she is. Apologies on late pics. There is only 1 hair fracture that I can barely see when i try at the top of handle, very very small and with one bent tooth. For a 100+ years old, id say thats not bad! Any input on plating recommendations in regards copper, silver, brass and so on?

I would have Back Roads Gold or Razorplate.com silver plate the razor. I would want it to be original, so I wouldn't plate in copper. I would not use Razor Emporium.

I went ahead and sent Chris over at back roads gold my bulldog and richwood to be replated today. Pics will be coming soon. Thank you for everyone's input on the matter.

How did you like Chris's work? I ordered from him twice and awesome job both times. I think he has the cheapest plating/tuning service in the market for quality work. I have reviewed Back Roads Gold in these two youtube videos and would love to hear about your experience with them

How did you like Chris's work? I ordered from him twice and awesome job both times. I think he has the cheapest plating/tuning service in the market for quality work. I have reviewed Back Roads Gold in these two youtube videos and would love to hear about your experience with them

Chris was awesome. I actually made a post over in the DE section I believe called Back Roads Gold Review if memory serves me right with pics of before and afters I will 100% be sending him all my razors in the future. I couldn't have been happier. Back Roads Gold Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/back-roads-gold-review.613318/

Top Bottom