What's new

Replating 1965 Gillette Slim - Need advice

I am getting a 1965 Gillette Slim K-3 in a very good condition - it is in the mail. I am thinking about sending it for restoration/replating to Razor Emporium. Need to get your thoughts on

1) Should I 24K gold plate it or Rhodium plate it. I like both, please let me know your preferences, pros and cons like longevity of coating etc; They also have Nickel or Silver plating as well.

2) You experience with Razor Emporium or any other alternative restoration places.

Appreciate your thoughts. As always, thanks for being super helpful !

I think the Rhodium would be a better choice, but this is my opinion only. Also I have had a few razors done with B&B member "onotoman" aka Dave from the UK and I liked his work and service. I have never done any re-plating with Razor Emporium, so I cannot comment on them.

I forgot to say Welcome Aboard!

Thank you Sledgehammer39.. Feralhog, you saved me from that horror!! I will contact Dave in UK. Would prefer to send it to someone in US (I am in CONUS) if possible. Do you guys know anyone ?

the thing about is he is doing it to feed his hobby.not so much for profit.it makes a difference.the level of care put into it makes a better plating jub.

Top Bottom