What's new

Replate cost?

Can someone tell me what the average cost is for replating? Is there much cost difference for different coatings? Say nickel or gold. I have a NEW short comb I might have done. Im pretty sure some of you fellows have had it done. Thanks.

it depends on who you have do it, the best platers are the 3 on here and they charge an average of 60-80 for rhodium or reliable electroplating does it for around $40-50. If you want it cheap call up local platers and see how much they can do it. My guy does rhodium/ gold for 35 but a 1 week turn around is what im really buying. just shop around is what i say

Krona Kruiser has a guy that does a really nice job with nickel and chrome. He did a very old, pure brass 1912 EverReady for me and it looks excellent.

He charges $25 or so, and it's worth every penny.

Can someone tell me what the average cost is for replating? Is there much cost difference for different coatings? Say nickel or gold. I have a NEW short comb I might have done. Im pretty sure some of you fellows have had it done. Thanks.
Hey dean, here is link to price list for Dave (onotoman) in the UK who did a great job on three for me - 2 nickel, one gold. About $30-45 for most finishes, higher for rhodium.Don't remember thread but I seem to recall some of the guys in US being around $85 for most finishes, except rhodium.
good luck, marty

Onotoman did a fantastic job on my President. The razor I sent him had serious deposits of something that I could not polish off. Dave was able to get the gunk off. Nickel undercoat and Rhodium on top for about $80 or so. The razor looks factory new. He really did a perfect job. But Onotoman is in England, so it takes a few days longer and shipping costs a bit more. Still, I would not use anyone else.

Another endorsement for Onotoman in the U.K., from a fellow Iowan. Dave replated two for me, both are excellent.

After making some inquiries my razor is on the way to Krona Kruiser. I saw pics of some of his work and besides, I like the guy :). Thanks for all the replies guys.

Top Bottom