What's new

Replacement to Polsilvers

^^^^Yup that link is to the A-Hole who has been spreading the lie for years and years and years and years now.^^^
That is who I bought my blades from last time. It was about 4 years ago, I don't remember it saying it then, but I can't remember for sure. It almost worked on me this time though. I was debating on buying a big pack of them when I saw it. Good thing I researched it more.

^^^^Yup that link is to the A-Hole who has been spreading the lie for years and years and years and years now.^^^
That is who I bought my blades from last time. It was about 4 years ago, I don't remember it saying it then, but I can't remember for sure. It almost worked on me this time though. I was debating on buying a big pack of them when I saw it. Good thing I researched it more.
I'm wondering if he's still a B&B member.:001_unsur I can't remember his username though.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:thumbsup: I'll remember for you it did. The dude is a mercenary who preys on this crap rumor on the forums as well,

Mischka who lives by and worked/works for the St. Petersberg plant has come on and squelched the rumors since then as he had to do once again on post # 172 in this thread: End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades on Feb 9th 2019 where he wrote:
New message from: markmihaylo_0 (1,152 )
Because they are out of stock. The factory is closed
This is a big lie.

Bulgaria is a long way from here, so how does he know such a thing?

I know he doesn't (cannot) purchase directly from factory, so maybe he is looking at obsolete (Google) map that shows old PPI factory building as closed and making up this lie. Please don't be like sheep or lemmings and follow the lie off a cliff.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Whereas, if I had all the same variables besides use a Feather blade, I will get irritation.

I had the same problem with Feather blades, for a year. I always kept trying them and they were always harsh and sometimes unbearable. I used Tabac with my Gillette Regent and Feather blades for the FFFMM last year and never got past that harshness. Tabac is a very good soap, but its not the best soap for me.

Then, I started trying different soaps.

riqyx-jpg.902036

I've just had my most satisfying shave yet. If it gets better than this, I dont know how.

img_2808-jpg.902037

Brit clone. Fresh Feather.

Pre de Provence 63.

Maggard synthetic.

I cant remember when I shaved last. Well over 50 hours ago.

N-S. S-N. ATG. One clean up.
I dont know whether it was this razor that took the harshness out of these blades for me or the soap, but I felt none at all.

Since that shave with PdP I've tried Wholly Kaw, CRS (cream) and Wickhams 1912 soaps. All of those soaps, for me, remove the harshness from those blades completely, and in that razor quoted above when I used it again the other day using Wholly Kaw I didnt feel the blade at all, to the point of missing the angle on my left side cheek and jawline and not finishing with my usual BBS.

Using any of those soaps makes my skin softer and more supple, they agree with my skin really well. Feather blades are now quickly moving into my top three, and thats saying something.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wow... I wasn't expecting to get a huge lesson in razors. haha

So, you're saying in razor's like the Grande with less gap, you can tell the difference between Polsilvers and Blue Diamonds right? You can't really tell with razors with a bigger gap, if I read that correctly.

I have used feathers before and they were too harsh for me. I tried them again later when I was proficient with my technique and I still felt they were too harsh. That is where the Polsilvers shine for me, is that they are almost as sharp(IMO) and way smoother for me. However, I don't understand Derby being in your top three. It has been a long time since I have tried one of those, but from what I remember they weren't sharp at all. I do really like Perma-Sharp blades as well. I feel like they are a little less sharp than the Polsilvers, but a little smoother. Probably would have been my go to blade if Polsilver discontinued their production and I couldn't find a blade like Polsilvers.

I don't know any of those soaps that you have mentioned. My go to soap has been Tabac as of late. I also like Reef Point soaps. I really like the quality of Stirling soaps, but I don't like the smell of almost all the soaps of theirs I have tried.

It seems I missed your post. Sorry about that!

Yeah I can. In my Grande the Blue Diamond blade feels a bit harsh and doesnt cut as well or as closely. A Polsilver in my Grande is #1, Derby Extra #2.

In my NEW SC Polsilver is #1 and Derby Extra was #2, but it was bumped by the Blue Diamond.

Both razors have positive blade exposure, but my Grande has significantly less gap. As your skin flows through that gap it meets the edge of the blade under more tension and at a steeper angle. In my NEW SC I'd be hard pressed to tell a Polsilver from a Blue Diamond. Nacet and Astra SP both work well too but they arent as smooth.

On the other side of that coin, Gillette Yellow is very good in my Grande, but its too much blade in my NEW SC. My first shave with a Yellow in my SC it shaved me so closely that I planed off the tops of some pores in my skin on my neck. Thats gap doing its job.

If I was forced to pick a single blade to use in all of my DE's today, it would still be Derby Extra. Its not my #1 blade in any particular razor, but it works very well in all of my razors.

In my Gillette Regent, that has as much or more blade exposure as my Grande or R41, Perma-Sharp Supers are Nirvana. They're by far my best blade in that razor.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Its the new marketing strategy. Make everyone so confused no one knows what to believe lol.

I think thats from an Ebay message to a member here. Its not stated in his Ebay ad.
The "Description" in the eBay link I provided says:

"Description. The Super Iridium double edge blades were a popular blade before they were discontinued. Or at least that's what we thought happened to them. Turns out there was a distribution change and the blades are still being made in St. Petersburg, Russia. They are packaged slightly different, but they are the same great blade. Sharp and smooth."

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The "Description" in the eBay link I provided says:

"Description. The Super Iridium double edge blades were a popular blade before they were discontinued. Or at least that's what we thought happened to them. Turns out there was a distribution change and the blades are still being made in St. Petersburg, Russia. They are packaged slightly different, but they are the same great blade. Sharp and smooth."

Yeah, see my previous post in this thread.

I checked that listing Cal and its the exact same listing as another seller had when I bought mine.

screenshot_2019-02-16-100-polsilver-png.953465

Below is where I bought mine. His listing has changed three times since I bought mine and now I see it's back to the normal listing from last year.

100 POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM DE BLADES PRIORITY SHIPPING WITH TRACKING | eBay

screenshot_2019-02-16-100-polsilver-super-iridium-de-blades-priority-shipping-with-tracking-ebay-png.953466

Same country of origin and virtually the same ad. Interesting.

My 200 when I bought them almost 3 years ago now I guess, were $45 and change CAD, shipped. The shipping was just under $5CAD. Todays price per 200, from the same seller, would be $68.40CAD, shipped. Thats an increase of $11.50CAD/100, but I dont think it would stop me from buying them if I needed some.

I'm glad I still have 105 left. I wont be so wasteful with the rest lol.

As far as I know, they are not the same person.

Top Bottom