What's new

Replacement Handle

So I just bought a 1965 Travel Tech and the handle is way too small to shave efficiently with. I would like a new handle for it but would like to keep it vintage and if possible I'd like it to match the ball end handle the razor came with. I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for on eBay and was hoping you guys knew of a good place to get vintage replacement parts. Thanks in advance.

I have found some replacement handles, vintage and modern on ebay. You just have to be patient. You may also might have to buy the cheapest junk razor you can find and rob the handle. Look on ebay in junk razors. Good luck!

There are tons of Gillette Techs with the regular ball end handle on the bay right now. You may not find just the handle but you will certainly find inexpensive complete Techs to get what you want.

Look around for a Durham DuBarry and use the handle - it's hefty, solid, and mates perfectly with Gillette heads. The Durham takes a proprietary blade, so you won't feel too bad about robbing the handle.

Possibly my favorite handle. :thumbsup:

100_2151.JPG
100_2152.JPG

How exactly does the Durham load a blade?

The DuBarry is a 3-piece razor, the blade is the same long slotted blade that the other Durham razors used. The top cap is held in place by two tabs bent at a 90 degree angle which protrude up through the slot in the blade and mate with two depressed receptacles in the head. You can source Personna pathology blades for the Durhams if you really want to try one. I personally find the DuBarry's shave angle unwieldy but the other Durham DEs (Dorset, 300) are great razors.

Top Bottom