What's new

Replacement Grips for SP101

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I finally was able to put a few rounds through the SP 101 .327 mag with the new grips, not the most comfortable with factory full power loads, but not too bad. Comfortable enough with my moderate handloads.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very good with the exception of the trigger wanting to catch on return after being pulled on double action. Perhaps "catch" is not the right word. I'm not sure how to explain it. I think it is definitely related to side play of the trigger and would probably benefit from some shims. If I pull the trigger to the rear, dropping the hammer, and quickly release it without riding the trigger forward with my trigger finger, as one would normally do shooting double action, there is no hesitation in the trigger returning forward. I believe that riding the trigger forward puts a little side pressure to the trigger and there is that "catch" , for lack of a better word, but the trigger does go fully forward.

So in shooting the gun in a recent match, this turned out to be a complete "non-issue". The gun functioned perfectly in rapid double action shooting.

Top Bottom