What's new

Replacement Grips for SP101

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not looking for more “purdy “ grips but some that are a bit larger, so as to fill the hand better and give the proper trigger reach. Anyone have “oversized “ grips for their SP101?

Do they make Herrit grips for Sp101? They say all Ruger double action.
anyone still making Roper grips?
i only have Jordan grip for N frame.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
That’s kinda of what I was thinking, but wondered what else may be out there.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
A holster for your Ruger seemed a bit difficult to find as most of the high volume places listed 3" barrel as the longest. Grips on the other hand.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I emailed Herret to see if they offer anything. Not a big fan of the finger groove grips. Pachmayr and Hogue also offer grips, but still not what I'm looking for. Everything seems to be aimed at CCW with a round but. I want a more hand filling style like a service grip/target grip/ Roper style, etc. I don't have particularly large mitts, but I want the proper trigger finger placement not afforded by compact grips.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The Roper and Jordan Herretts that I linked to above aren't what you're looking for? The Jordans say for all S&W, Ruger DA, and Colt revolvers.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I don't see where the Roper is available for "all Ruger DAs", but it usually specifies a square butt frame, which the SP 101 does not have. The Jordans would probably be too big, I had a plastic set of Jordan style stocks for my S&W M 29 and they were too big. Granted Herret sizes them to your hand tracing. I don't have large hands, I just want the proper trigger reach, which CCW type grips don't afford.

I don't see where the Roper is available for "all Ruger DAs", but it usually specifies a square butt frame, which the SP 101 does not have. The Jordans would probably be too big, I had a plastic set of Jordan style stocks for my S&W M 29 and they were too big. Granted Herret sizes them to your hand tracing. I don't have large hands, I just want the proper trigger reach, which CCW type grips don't afford.
Misread a list. It said on this page.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I got an email back from Herret stocks, they do not make any for the SP 101.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I know you don't want Hogue but man they make some gorgeous grips. I am debating on ordering wood grips for mine or changing out inserts to create different looks. Going to wood is one and done. Changing the inserts changes the look but not how the gun feels in your hand.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Of course my work computer blocks anything related to firearms.
They are the Pachmayr Renegade Wood Laminate Rosewood grips, smooth, the checkered ones are unavailable. Not a large investment if they don't work out.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They are the Pachmayr Renegade Wood Laminate Rosewood grips, smooth, the checkered ones are unavailable. Not a large investment if they don't work out.

I just looked it up on my phone. That's a good looking grip. They look bigger than stock.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just looked it up on my phone. That's a good looking grip. They look bigger than stock.

That's what I'm hoping for and they're not too expensive. The 4.2 in. barrel SP101s really would benefit from a conventional grip style similar to S&W service stocks or even those available for the GP 100.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That's what I'm hoping for and they're not too expensive. The 4.2 in. barrel SP101s really would benefit from a conventional grip style similar to S&W service stocks or even those available for the GP 100.

Will a GP100 grip fit on a SP101?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Dunno, but I would be surprised if it did.

They won’t. Ruger used to make a compact grip for the GP100 that would fit the SP101, if you used it with the 101 pin, but they discontinued it a long time ago and would be almost impossible to find now.

They also had a rubber grip for the Super Redhawk and the inserts could interchange with the SP101 but the rubber grip itself could not.

From reading forums about the Ruger, I think the Pachmayr Laminate is an excellent choice because reviews have noted that not only are they good looking and a bit larger for more control and proper finger/trigger placement. Owners of the Pachmayr also say, they provide a better hold angle for point ability over many other styles and brands of aftermarket grips for the SP101.

The only negative I could find on the Pachmayr is the fact that it is laminate and not solid wood. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
They won’t....

From reading forums about the Ruger, I think the Pachmayr Laminate is an excellent choice because reviews have noted that not only are they good looking and a bit larger for more control and proper finger/trigger placement. Owners of the Pachmayr also say, they provide a better hold angle for point ability over many other styles and brands of aftermarket grips for the SP101.

The only negative I could find on the Pachmayr is the fact that it is laminate and not solid wood. :)

Good to know and a lucky guess on my part!

Top Bottom