What's new

Replacement for my Rockwell 6C suggestions

The Flexi is kinda the better Rex. Athleast IMHO.
I have both and the rex has noticeable more blade exposure and at least I have to dial the rex about 0.5-1 number down compared to the Flexi.
Using the Rex you have to pay more attention and the steel gives a liitle drag quite easily.
On the other hand the flexi is much heavier but smoother on any setting.
I use the flexi on 2-2,5, the rex on 1,3-1,6.

So I'd recommend the Rex to advanced shavers with a liking for blade feel and stainless steel. The flexi is almost as easy to use as the Rockwell.
And remind it comes with a very useful stand.
But in the end they shave very similar I must admit.
I’ve also been using both lately and I agree with everything said here.

The Flexi is kinda the better Rex. Athleast IMHO.
I have both and the rex has noticeable more blade exposure and at least I have to dial the rex about 0.5-1 number down compared to the Flexi.
Using the Rex you have to pay more attention and the steel gives a liitle drag quite easily.
On the other hand the flexi is much heavier but smoother on any setting.
I use the flexi on 2-2,5, the rex on 1,3-1,6.

So I'd recommend the Rex to advanced shavers with a liking for blade feel and stainless steel. The flexi is almost as easy to use as the Rockwell.
And remind it comes with a very useful stand.
But in the end they shave very similar I must admit.
I have the Game Changer .84SB works great. The Pearl Flexi is a good recommendation because it's all Brass construction and adjustability. In the US the Flexi can be a little cheaper than the Game Changer. The Flexi head looks bigger so shaving under the nose may be difficult.

I have the Game Changer .84SB works great. The Pearl Flexi is a good recommendation because it's all Brass construction and adjustability. In the US the Flexi can be a little cheaper than the Game Changer. The Flexi head looks bigger so shaving under the nose may be difficult.
Shaving under the nose requires attention but works with the flexi.
Let me add that for me the gc84 does not work properly atg, maybe the blade gap is too large and the 68 would fit better for me maybe.
But you're right the gamechanger has excellent manoeuvrability.

The razorock game changer would be a fine choice. I have it and a Rockwell 6s and find them similar with the 6s on plate 4. You are on the right track getting a stainless razor. You just don't have to worry about them.

But if you love you 6c Rockwell i wouldn't rule out the 6s. Rockwell doesn't have poor workmanship. The problem is the zamak or pot metal your 6c is made from not a manufacturing defect. I ve had a 6s for years and it looks as good as the day I bought it.
Yes after much consideration I won’t rule out Rockwell 6S as I see a few member are getting good longevity from Rockwell 6S

new to this DE only a year in at 58yr old

brain dump of thoughts :)

first post you had
your 1 was the GC
your 2 was the Karve
IMHO stick to that and try and learn and know :)

I have the Rex Ambassador IMHO to much blade feel in a bad way for me :) the Lupo is like the Rex to much for me I have both Lupo plates
that said I can see why folks like them as the shave lasts as in so efficient :)

the GC 68 and 84 I have are my favs of the RR also had a mamba and BBS and the angles were to narrow but did love the looks of those ! they are cool curves !

the Yates I have the Hybrid plate and straight only in the M have not tried the H plate but would like to they are nice and a great option the plate is brass so has this two tone appearance and I do like the comb on one side straight on the other

my timeless Ti have been my fav and the RR GC 68 my 2nd fav which IMHO for the price says a lot I think the combo of the GC with 68 and 84 plate give someone a super comfy and one with a bit more blade feel if when they want it

the Lupo IF you know you like that super blade feel
to me the blade feel is like hot sauce :) its all good and everyone has their pref of how hot so saying its blade forward is not a negative but a positive for those looking for that :)

I recently got a Wolfman .95 I am loving
I also dug out my Henson Med (got my wife to try the Mild finally it might go to her)

the Hensons are super comfy super efficient ATG and just a great razor if you just want a comfy shave without the hassle !
my down side I am not a fan of the Aluminum want to try one in Ti also some incl me get this suction drag feel ? will the Ti fix that and realize that is a $200+ razor ?
the blade angle is very set which again could be a good easy thing but if you love the art of shaving and playing with that angle then pass IMHO but could be a great #2 since its so unique !

I am glad I have tried so many and will try a few more but its time to start selling off all but 3 :) as my Wolfman has taken the lead and my end goal is 2 fav razors maybe a 3rd ? but do not want to collect just want a few razors I love

bottom line you just have to try the ones you want so you know :)

new to this DE only a year in at 58yr old

brain dump of thoughts :)

first post you had
your 1 was the GC
your 2 was the Karve
IMHO stick to that and try and learn and know :)

I have the Rex Ambassador IMHO to much blade feel in a bad way for me :) the Lupo is like the Rex to much for me I have both Lupo plates
that said I can see why folks like them as the shave lasts as in so efficient :)

the GC 68 and 84 I have are my favs of the RR also had a mamba and BBS and the angles were to narrow but did love the looks of those ! they are cool curves !

the Yates I have the Hybrid plate and straight only in the M have not tried the H plate but would like to they are nice and a great option the plate is brass so has this two tone appearance and I do like the comb on one side straight on the other

my timeless Ti have been my fav and the RR GC 68 my 2nd fav which IMHO for the price says a lot I think the combo of the GC with 68 and 84 plate give someone a super comfy and one with a bit more blade feel if when they want it

the Lupo IF you know you like that super blade feel
to me the blade feel is like hot sauce :) its all good and everyone has their pref of how hot so saying its blade forward is not a negative but a positive for those looking for that :)

I recently got a Wolfman .95 I am loving
I also dug out my Henson Med (got my wife to try the Mild finally it might go to her)

the Hensons are super comfy super efficient ATG and just a great razor if you just want a comfy shave without the hassle !
my down side I am not a fan of the Aluminum want to try one in Ti also some incl me get this suction drag feel ? will the Ti fix that and realize that is a $200+ razor ?
the blade angle is very set which again could be a good easy thing but if you love the art of shaving and playing with that angle then pass IMHO but could be a great #2 since its so unique !

I am glad I have tried so many and will try a few more but its time to start selling off all but 3 :) as my Wolfman has taken the lead and my end goal is 2 fav razors maybe a 3rd ? but do not want to collect just want a few razors I love

bottom line you just have to try the ones you want so you know :)
Yes well said @Ckmaui. I just gotta try out the razor and find the one for me. I will stick to my initial choice of either RR GC or Karve brass razor. Thanks mate :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm incredulous that a stainless steel razor's top cap threading would give out after six months of use. I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. It can't possibly be the norm.

So many good suggestions in this thread. Best of luck with whatever razor you choose.

I'm incredulous that a stainless steel razor's top cap threading would give out after six months of use. I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. It can't possibly be the norm.

So many good suggestions in this thread. Best of luck with whatever razor you choose.
The top cap of Rockwell 6C is not made out of stainless steel rather it's made out of zamak. Actually the whole 6C is made out of zamak.

My vote is for a Karve. I started wet shaving with a Rockwell 6C and used it for about 6 months before buying a Karve from BST on a whim.

After a couple shaves to dial in the right angle, I was absolutely in love with the Karve. It's nicely weighted, the head is more compact, and the build quality is vastly better than the 6C. I've never regretted my impulse purchase!

I would shave with my 6C on plate 4, and the Karve came with both safety bar B plate and open comb B plate. I use the OC-B plate pretty much exclusively now, and find that it is a bit more aggressive than 6C plate 4. So the SB-B plate will be a little milder than plate 4.

I've never tried any of the other razors you're considering so I can't comment on them.

Another vote for Karve. I started out with B,C, and, D. Soon after I sold those plates and got a SB G and a OC F. As you can guess I like effective razors. That is the beauty of the Karve. SO many options.
I did this exact same thing starting with the B&C and ending up with the SB (G) and OC (F).

The OP said he used the Rockwell #4 plate, but then moved to the #5 and loved it. Knowing this I would suggest starting with nothing less than the Karve“D” or even the “E”.

I did this exact same thing starting with the B&C and ending up with the SB (G) and OC (F).

The OP said he used the Rockwell #4 plate, but then moved to the #5 and loved it. Knowing this I would suggest starting with nothing less than the Karve“D” or even the “E”.
This

i generally suggest the D as the first plate to get. Never used an E so i will defer to uour experience.

My vote is for a Karve. I started wet shaving with a Rockwell 6C and used it for about 6 months before buying a Karve from BST on a whim.

After a couple shaves to dial in the right angle, I was absolutely in love with the Karve. It's nicely weighted, the head is more compact, and the build quality is vastly better than the 6C. I've never regretted my impulse purchase!

I would shave with my 6C on plate 4, and the Karve came with both safety bar B plate and open comb B plate. I use the OC-B plate pretty much exclusively now, and find that it is a bit more aggressive than 6C plate 4. So the SB-B plate will be a little milder than plate 4.

I've never tried any of the other razors you're considering so I can't comment on them.
It's great to hear that Karve is treating you good. It's really informational to me that you are coming off Rockwell 6C as this will give me a better gauge on the plates and what to expect from the razor, should I get a Karve razor. Thanks :)

Yes gonna start with nothing less than karve "D", should I get a Karve razor. Thanks

I suggest a Karve in Stainless, and get both C plates in Straight bar and Open Comb, I have the B - G in Karve Stainless. It all you would ever need, I sold off my Rockwell 6S twice.

-My favorite plates are G, E, and Open Comb C plate.

I suggest a Karve in Stainless, and get both C plates in Straight bar and Open Comb, I have the B - G in Karve Stainless. It all you would ever need, I sold off my Rockwell 6S twice.

-My favorite plates are G, E, and Open Comb C plate.
From my experience plate C open comb is close to 5 on the Rockwell, Sb C plate is 4ish, and plate D is like 6 on Rockwell, but D is more efficient but less smooth than 6 plate.

E is both smoother and more efficient than D from my experience. Again this is from my experience and YMMV. Good luck on your Shaving Journey!

Top Bottom