What's new

Replacement for Low End Badger - Best under $100, $150

Thater 4125 is the only thing I have newr the top of that line. I like it more than my Rooney 3/1. I haven't used a lot of other brushes.

I'm looking to get into a very nice badger brush. I have the Target badger (Shea Moisture?) which has served me decently but I know this isn't the pinnacle. I use mostly soaps and a combination of face and bowl lathering. I would like a larger brush but not necessarily giant. The very soft feel with good backbone is something that draws me. I prefer a name brand like Rooney or Simpson but open to others. I'm always interested in best value for dollar (who isn't).

What are the best choices for under $100? $150? What can I expect to be different from the $9 Shea?

BTW, what is considered the holy grail?

Thanks.

Best all around brush (a one brush does all brush) at any price I have come across (bowl/face/soap/cream) is the Da Vinci 293 Uomo bead handle.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/297253-Da-Vinci-293-Bead-Handle-Brush-Review

there is probably no right or wrong answer here. brushes, like blades and every other shave related item is all subjective.

some love certain handles, certain knots, certain brand, lofts etc.

all you can do is big the one that looks best overall to you, try it and see. if it doesn't work out, most badger brushes in this price range sell fast and easy on the BST with minimal loss.

Hard not to suggest one of these:

http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/7233684/7455448.htm

Classic Shaving has great customer service, and that brush comes in at under $150. There is a reason the M&F thread goes on indefinitely. The guy that makes these also owns Rooney, so, great hair, lots of backbone, soft tips. Mine was unlike the photo and came as a two band. I'm sure the folks at Classic can make sure you get what you want. They are very helpful.

I'd suggest a custom badger from one of the vendors here. I have one and it is quite unique! You can get something nice for 40-60 bucks, and have money left to get a Semogue boar. Fella needs at least two brushes you know...:biggrin1:

Top Bottom