What's new

Replacement for Dorco Twin?

About 7 years ago I gave dollar shave club a try and settled on their "humble twin" razor. Once they discontinued that, I found out that Dorco had been making the razor and switched to Dorco's twin. Alas, as I recently tried to order new blades, I found out that Dorco had discontinued manufacturing their twin blade. Does anyone know of a good twin blade that will fit my Dorco twin razor? If I'm not mistaken I believe that the previous Dorco twin razor blades were supposed to fit Atra/Trac 2 razors.

About 7 years ago I gave dollar shave club a try and settled on their "humble twin" razor. Once they discontinued that, I found out that Dorco had been making the razor and switched to Dorco's twin. Alas, as I recently tried to order new blades, I found out that Dorco had discontinued manufacturing their twin blade. Does anyone know of a good twin blade that will fit my Dorco twin razor? If I'm not mistaken I believe that the previous Dorco twin razor blades were supposed to fit Atra/Trac 2 razors.

Personna makes twin blade cartridges (Twin Pivot Plus) that fit that handle. Widely available online. I'd recommend getting a smaller pack first to make sure you like them.

Thanks! I had no idea it was still being offered by DSC! I must have switched to Dorco so long ago and misremembered DSC discontinuing it. I wonder how that will work - not being offered by Dorco but still being offered by DSC? In any case, I signed up for DSC and ordered 15 blades per month to stockpile. Hopefully there is still enough so I can horde for a while or maybe even Dorco will continue to manufacture the blade for DSC if there is enough demand. Crossing fingers!

By the way, DSC hasn't discontinued the Humble Twin. You can still sign up for it.

Thanks! I had no idea it was still being offered by DSC! I must have switched to Dorco so long ago and misremembered DSC discontinuing it. I wonder how that will work - not being offered by Dorco but still being offered by DSC? In any case, I signed up for DSC and ordered 15 blades per month to stockpile. Hopefully there is still enough so I can horde for a while or maybe even Dorco will continue to manufacture the blade for DSC if there is enough demand. Crossing fingers!

I'm in the same boat trying to find an alternative but for my wife. She doesn't like the gillette blue disposables, barbasol blue disposables, Bic singles, Schick st2, personna twins, or any other similar design I can find. Next for her to try is the Gillette guard. The two things she likes about the dorco twins are the blades being slightly recessed which makes them much more gentle and it's very easy to rinse, if she doesn't like the gillette guard then my next ideas are the sensor (also a recessed twin blade cartridge) or the new skinguard.

I'm in the same boat trying to find an alternative but for my wife. She doesn't like the gillette blue disposables, barbasol blue disposables, Bic singles, Schick st2, personna twins, or any other similar design I can find. Next for her to try is the Gillette guard. The two things she likes about the dorco twins are the blades being slightly recessed which makes them much more gentle and it's very easy to rinse, if she doesn't like the gillette guard then my next ideas are the sensor (also a recessed twin blade cartridge) or the new skinguard.

For some reason they are gentle and effective and just plain work for me. Has she tried a Mach 3? Mach 3 actually works well for me, but if I use them everyday I start to get irritation. The Dorco twin is a better every day shaver for me. Like pdieten said above, you can still get order them through Dollar Shave Club.

If you need another source, Dollar General sells Dorco/Pace twin refills as their house brand.

Had the same problem. She hated the Guard and wanted something else. When I didn't get along with the Bic Flex 2 Hybrid after I experimented with it, I suggested she try it. Now she loves it.

Had the same problem. She hated the Guard and wanted something else. When I didn't get along with the Bic Flex 2 Hybrid after I experimented with it, I suggested she try it. Now she loves it.

Thanks for the suggestion, if the guard doesn't work out I'll try that one next. It's available locally which is a huge bonus.

When I was working ,back in 2018, I was using double edge razors because shaving 5 days in a row with a 4-5-6 blade system was tearing up my face by day 4.....Now that I'm retired and now shave 2x a week...I wanted to go back to the razor that I liked..Dorco PAce 4....it was the right amount for me....
Unfortunately , Dorco's Website isn't selling them any more.....But...I did find them on Amazon...

My question....I've read that the quality has gone down on Amazon reviews....

Did they?

If yes, then who has a decent 4 blade system that I can use again and love?

Thxs

Mike

I was checking the Dollar Shave Club website today & noticed they are once again selling the Humble Twin cartridges.

Top Bottom