What's new

Replacement Fatip handle

Can someone recommend a replacement handle for a Fatip head(I have the open comb version). I have the retro model and I do not like the handle. I have tried a number of other handles and the only one that did not fit was an iKON wave handle. Currently I use an old type Gillette replica handle by razor emporium but the balance is not that good since it is a hollow one. I prefer brass as material.

Attachments

• 1672304540246904769547.jpg
    1672304540246904769547.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 25
The M4.5 x 0.75 (metric) thread size used by Fatip is slightly smaller with different thread pitch compared with most modern razors that typically use size M5 x 0.80. So, interchanging handles will not always be possible in this case.

The Fatip thread size is closer to the North American thread size 10-32 UNF used by vintage Gillettes and other razors from years ago. I have found my Fatips will work with several of the Gillette ball-end handles from early Techs. These are small, narrow handles, but solid brass with nickel plating. It's not an exact fit, but with care can work OK.

1672308826428.png

Fatip does have heavier handles available in the Il Grosso models. The whole razor is not very expensive. Then, you would have a spare razor head.

1672309193771.png

Can someone recommend a replacement handle for a Fatip head(I have the open comb version). I have the retro model and I do not like the handle. I have tried a number of other handles and the only one that did not fit was an iKON wave handle. Currently I use an old type Gillette replica handle by razor emporium but the balance is not that good since it is a hollow one. I prefer brass as material.
Buy a new Fatip , it is more cheap than buying a new handle from anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom