What's new

Repinning a scale. Quick question...

When re-pinning a new scale how much of the new pin do you leave sticking out to hammer down? I think it wouldn't me that much but I don't want to leave too much and have loose scales.

I tried searching but didn't find the answer and am having trouble logging into SRP so this place seems like the best place to ask.

Charlie

Charlie,

You need just enough "extra" so that you can mushroom it out to hold. I can't tell you an exact dimension. If you can't log in to SRP, try visiting www.straightedgerazors.com. Robert Williams may be able to give you an exact measurement on this.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Charlie,

You need just enough "extra" so that you can mushroom it out to hold. I can't tell you an exact dimension. If you can't log in to SRP, try visiting www.straightedgerazors.com. Robert Williams may be able to give you an exact measurement on this.

Randy

OK. I clipped it and pounded it with a hammer and it mushroomed out but is leaning mostly to one side making a sharp burr. I will have to file it down but it looks like it is working well. Now all I need to do is to hone and strop this sucker and I am good to go!

Top Bottom