What's new

Repair / Refurbishing Brushes

Hi all,

It seems that the posts in this forum have concentrated on the characteristics and features of new shaving brushes. I was wondering: is there a manufacturer who will insert new badger into old handles? That is, a service to repair or refurbish older brushes.

I am curious about this as my examination of several eBay auctions show older brushes that seem to have discolored or permanently bent bristles set in lovely handles, sometimes in exotic material (e.g., horn, ivory). It seems that it would be nice to "recycle" these great old handles (assuming they are in good shape) and insert new badger bristles.

Cheers,

dszpiro said:
Hi all,

It seems that the posts in this forum have concentrated on the characteristics and features of new shaving brushes. I was wondering: is there a manufacturer who will insert new badger into old handles? That is, a service to repair or refurbish older brushes.

I am curious about this as my examination of several eBay auctions show older brushes that seem to have discolored or permanently bent bristles set in lovely handles, sometimes in exotic material (e.g., horn, ivory). It seems that it would be nice to "recycle" these great old handles (assuming they are in good shape) and insert new badger bristles.

Cheers,

I think, if I remember correctly, some of the fellas here have had their brushes rebristled by ShaveMac.

Hi Danny

Yes and yes and yes..

Good brushes on ebay are quickly grabbed up by the hoards of members here, who have an insatiable need for more shave stuff -re bristling is a very simple process that you can do or Bernd at Shavemac will do for you. I received a brush head today to do just this very thing from Blankity-blanks.com.

Top Bottom