What's new

Repaint Fat Boy

I have a user grade J3 Slim that I want to repaint the numbers on. I just tried nail polish and a fine tip brush, but I'm not too happy with the results, so I am gonna try these and see if it is any better!

Do what I do paint the numbers then get a bit of A4 paper and wipe over the top, that will remove the paint around the indent and leave the paint in the indent then let it dry. If any paint is still left it is thin so can be removed with paint thinner, but only wipe it over once as it will soften the paint in the indent.

The sharpie pens are okay and I have used them. Buy them, as they are good to have in the house. But my best tip is from a replater that does this often. You can get Testors semigloss black on amazon. At hobbylobby you can get #836668 fine touch brush set. However, you can also use Testors and a toothpick.

My best recommendation is Testors black semigloss and a toothpick. This is the easiest and works great. Most replaters use Testors. Clean the dial first, acetone or alcohol is good. Then paint in the numbers with the toothpick, completely covering the numbers and dots. You will get the paint on parts of the dial around the numbers and that is good Wait a minute and then wipe the dial with a clean cloth. The numbers are recessed and will remain black whle you wipe the excess off. Watch it being done here and good luck:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
This was my first try using nail polish. Thanks for the tips, will post another pic if I get it better!

20201108_234218[1].jpg

20201109_061544[1].jpg

Top Bottom