What's new

reorganizing the shave den

I've been acquiring more and more stuff lately. I like setting it out on the counter so I can see all my wares. Also I have hardly and drawers or storage space in the bathroom but I have a HUGE countertop so I don't have much choice really :wink2:.

Lately my girlfriend has been getting annoyed with the amount of stuff that has been accumulating on my side of the bathroom. I keep it all neat and clean an organized so I think she's just jealous that I have so many cool toys. Well, I know she is since she's told me that "men should not have more grooming products than women!" :blushing: and also it looks bad for all the guests (we never have) that come into our master bath (bypassing the guest bath of course) :blink:

So to keep the lady happy I decided to reorganize everything to look pretty and not clutter the counter with shaving supplies. I can't do a whole lot or building because we're renting the apartment. When I was at Target the other day I found a 2-pack of floating shelves on clearance for $9 and thought those might just do the trick.

So my thinking here is that each shelf, and the counter, will hold one complete shaving setup. On each I put a soap, aftershave, brush and cologne. I tried putting a razor but it wasn't ascetically pleasing and she doesn't like them laying about anyway, might try that later, but I really only use the progress anyway. The rest got tucked into drawers and cabinets...

So here's the new spartan look (sorry about the quality only have my phone at the moment)

$shave den.jpg

and where is everything else?

sadly hiding in drawers and under the sink :001_unsur

$IMG_20110903_221109.jpg$IMG_20110903_221154.jpg$IMG_20110903_221348.jpg

Nice looking solution.

Of course, you should start designing your perfect shave den for when you do buy a house. You, obviously, already have a great collection that deserves to be seen.

Happy Shaving!

Yes, I have plans in my head already! I used to own a house and did a lot of remodeling on it but I had to move for work...Its frustrating living in an apartment after owning a house.

Looks good. One question- 1st pic, lower shelf- what soap is that?

La toja manantiales. I believe west coast shaving has it now but i got it from giftsandcare. It's a great soap, a little pricey but its a big puck in there. I really like the tall wooden bowl/barrel but the best part is the giant real cork lid.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
La toja manantiales. I believe west coast shaving has it now but i got it from giftsandcare. It's a great soap, a little pricey but its a big puck in there. I really like the tall wooden bowl/barrel but the best part is the giant real cork lid.

Thanks, just another soap I must aquire one day.

Top Bottom