What's new

Removing Water Spot / Mark from Gold Razors?

Been talking in private with a member about buying this razor. It's absolutely stunning, with the exception of one small spot on the head. Any ideas on how to remove/lessen the severity of this spot without damaging the razor? I can't tell if it's lacquer has been worn in a small ring, but that's what I'm thinking based on the pictures. Any suggestions are appreciated.

proxy.php

I don't know if you can remove the spot...but I will tell you to NOT use flitz or Maas...otherwise you will be proud owner of a brass razor!

Im unsure, I know both products are reasonably gentle especially the lanolin. So I dont think there would be any risk in trying.

A little vinegar on a q-tip? That worked for me when I got a water spot on the lens of my camera. Nothing would take it off. Not glass cleaner, not alcohol. The vinegar handled it no problem.

I can't tell if it's lacquer has been worn in a small ring, but that's what I'm thinking based on the pictures.
]

That's the very first thing I thought, a hole or chip in a lacquer coating. In the photo, the hole appears to have depth, unlike a water spot which would appear as a flat small circular shape with no dimension.

Top Bottom