What's new

Removing the Blade from the Game Changer

All,

Purchased the .84 Game Changer a couple months ago and am enjoying the great shaves. What throws me off is the backwards nature of the baseplate pins holding the blade instead of the top cap. I take the razor apart after each shave to dry things out and minimize the risk of rust on the stainless steel.

Yesterday, I cut the end of my finger trying to pry the blade off the baseplate. Granted, I wasn't wearing my glasses, but since there is no blade overhang, I couldn't find a safe place to grip the blade.

I put on my glasses this morning and used a small screwdriver to pop the blade off, but this seems like a crude way of doing it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any creative solutions?

lasta

Blade Biter
Tap the baseplate on a counter, should pop right off. But honestly, I had no problems pinching the sides...

I actually like the bottom loading, saves the top cap from being scratched!

All,

Purchased the .84 Game Changer a couple months ago and am enjoying the great shaves. What throws me off is the backwards nature of the baseplate pins holding the blade instead of the top cap. I take the razor apart after each shave to dry things out and minimize the risk of rust on the stainless steel.

Yesterday, I cut the end of my finger trying to pry the blade off the baseplate. Granted, I wasn't wearing my glasses, but since there is no blade overhang, I couldn't find a safe place to grip the blade.

I put on my glasses this morning and used a small screwdriver to pop the blade off, but this seems like a crude way of doing it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any creative solutions?
Push down on one side of the blade to teeter-tot the other side of the blade up. Makes it easier to peel the blade off of the baseplate.

Flipping the blade off is a very minor inconvenience on a great razor. I press my thumb onto one end of the blade and then flip the other end off the round pin with my finger. Then hold the end you've just released and give it a wiggle - done. Sounds more complicated than it actually is - takes about 4 seconds.

With the handle hanging downwards and loose with the top cap and baseplate held at the tabs, the handle is unscrewed and it seems that the baseplate automatically separates from the blade (a Feather) and the top cap. I just can't imagine what the problem is here but respect your experience, Sir, @dotKomo.

Top Bottom