What's new

removing injector blades

I got my first injector in the mail this week, and it still had a blade in it. Thank you ebay... Well, while cleaning it, I tried to get the blade out so I could get it cleaner. Lets just say I was glad I boiled it first. I super-glued my thumb back together, and did get the blade out, but I was wondering if there is a good way to get the blades out without injecting a new one in? Thanks!

The bottle opener on my Swiss Army knife works well for that. I've managed to get a couple of blades out my two E types without bloodshed.

Best Regards

Graham

I use the blade cartridge and insert fresh blade halfway in and stop. Then, grab old blade, discard and push the new blade back into the cartridge dispenser (carefully).

I was trying to push it out with a knife, the knife slipped, but it was the razor blade that caught my thumb. A pliers would have helped, did not think about that. I am sure it was pushed far enough to grab... Live and learn...

I use the blade cartridge and insert fresh blade halfway in and stop. Then, grab old blade, discard and push the new blade back into the cartridge dispenser (carefully).

Exactly what I do. Use pliers to grip the old blade and you won't get cut.

I was trying to push it out with a knife, the knife slipped, but it was the razor blade that caught my thumb. A pliers would have helped, did not think about that. I am sure it was pushed far enough to grab... Live and learn...

UGH! I'm just trying to get over the full body shivers reading that gives me!

usualy you can do it with a toothpick, an open paperclip, or a piece of cardboard, you just insert the key, and push the blade out, btw anyone ever try with a magnet ?,

now, check your injector, some injectors, like the E type or the I type have a handle to open the blade clip for cleaning and maintenance, and i think that on the personna injectors, you can take apart the head with a small clibre allen wrench,

Top Bottom