What's new

Removing a coin spacer in the handle

You live and learn...

I have a handle where I used a quarter as a spacer to loft the synthetic knot higher. I set this knot with silicone. Unfortunately, now that I’ve removed the knot I absolutely cannot get the quarter out. There isn’t enough space around it to wedge something and flip it up, and the silicone below it is just gripping it and letting it shift but not break away.

1603853052585.jpeg

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The only thing that I can think of is maybe immersing the whole handle in warm to hot water and that might help to soften the silicone so that you might be able to get some sort of blade or nail or something similar in there that you might be able to manipulate the coin out.

I’m glad to see it’s not just me!

I did the same.

I drilled holes in the coin and used a cork screw to pry them out.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Best is to avoid coins or anything metal under a knot....use cork shims like I do. If you have have to drill out a knot and you do not know there is a coin under the knot, you will be quite surprised when your drill bit hits the coin. Guess how I know.

acetone works wonders to soften many things. cheap easy way to find acetone if you don't buy it by the gallon is nail polish remover.

Top Bottom