What's new

Remove injector blade between shaves?

I like to remove the blade from my DE razors between shaves to make sure that both the razor and blade are thoroughly dry. I'm doing the same with my vintage Schick injector.

To remove the injector blade, I insert the key into the razor head and slide the blade out using the nail file tip of a fingernail clipper. Then I slide the blade back into the injector cartridge.

Too much trouble? Maybe, but seeing as I only use the injector maybe a couple of times s month I feel it's a good idea not to leave the blade in the razor.

Anyone else do this (remove injector blades between uses)?

I leave them in for months at a time and find no issue picking it up and shaving with it again. I keep a log so i know how many shaves per blade. I must have 20+ schick injectors. Everyone has a blade in it.

If you want to do what you do then go for it. Id rather not take a chance damaging the edge of the blade moving it around more than it was designed for.

I’ve been doing that for many, many years and have talked about it on here before. I rarely ever use the same razor twice in a row so I remove the blade and store it in a small plastic Ziploc container with a desiccant pack until I decide to use an injector again, which I do with every type of blade I use. I have a Schick dispenser with a few used blades in it that I use to load the good blade into whatever injector razor I pick out of the many I own.

I very rarely even use the same system two days in a row, yesterday it was a Mach 3 this morning a GEM Micromatic, tomorrow will be a DE, injector, cartridge or another ASR SE.

I never remove the blade from any of my SE and DE razors after use. I usually have four or five on the go and I can't say as I've noticed any drop in performance because some have had blades in for quite a while. That's just my approach and other ones aren't wrong, just different.
Same here!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've done it when I knew the "donor" wasn't to be used for a bit - we used to do a month of Schickness for example in which I would run through the collection, one shave apiece with different Schick Types. But, I don't do it often .. most of the time I have 3 Schick format razors loaded at the ready, and don't swap out blades until the shave tells me its time ..

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like to remove the blade from my DE razors between shaves to make sure that both the razor and blade are thoroughly dry. I'm doing the same with my vintage Schick injector.

To remove the injector blade, I insert the key into the razor head and slide the blade out using the nail file tip of a fingernail clipper. Then I slide the blade back into the injector cartridge.

Too much trouble? Maybe, but seeing as I only use the injector maybe a couple of times s month I feel it's a good idea not to leave the blade in the razor.

Anyone else do this (remove injector blades between uses)?

I modified my Schick E2 and G type injectors so they are easy to remove the blades. If you look closely on Big Auction on line site you can still find this style E type that spring swings to the left razor for sale if you like one, some E1 models(getting rare to find) where this way originally.
I like this razor a lot the E2 injector model and would recommend it if a person likes a mid range. A person should use new blades for a Schick injector at first so they know how efficient they can be, some of the old blades are not up to snuff any more so if a person starts with a vintage blades it might turn them off like it almost did for myself. Schick injectors offer a nice shave with a light touch with the E & G types IMO.
( Old archived photos, Click photo to enlarge)
FullSizeRender[137201].jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg
Schick swivel1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
This has me thinking i need to rotate though my Schicks for the next couple months. It will take that long to burn up a blade in each.

Sounds like fun and a good reason to go Injector fir a while.

Top Bottom