What's new

Relocating to Dallas

I'll be relocating to the Dallas area in about a month or so, and was wondering if anyone on the board has some recommendations on where to find good shaving products, where to get good haircuts or just any suggestions in general for moving to the area.

We don't know exactly where we'll be moving to, but we think it'll be in the Carrolton/Addison/Irving area.

We have several member in the Dallas area. Richard (Conche_y_bondhu), Steve (slssteve) come to mind. You may want to pm them directly. Good luck on the move.

Austin said:
We have several member in the Dallas area. Richard (Conche_y_bondhu), Steve (slssteve) come to mind. You may want to pm them directly. Good luck on the move.

That would be slcsteve but you're forgiven.:001_smile

The Galleria at the intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and 635 (aka LBJ freeway) is your best single source. They have a Nordstrom, Crabtree & Evelyn, L'Occitane, and Art of Shaving.

The shops at Willow Bend on the Dallas North Tollway in Plano has a Nieman's, C&E, L'Occitane, and Caswell-Massey.

Addison is the best place to live if you are an aparmtment dweller and are between 18 and 35 years old. I lived at Addison Circle for about a year and a half and loved it. I work in Addison now. If you are looking at houses, stick with Carrollton or Irving. I also recommend Frisco which is where I live.

Can't comment about the Dallas area, but I have family moving to the Austin area (Georgetown), so when I visit them later this year or early next, I will have to look for some of these places, especially if we go into DFW instead of Austin or San Antonio.

When you come visit Austin, we have all the good stuff :)

Just don't bother with the C&E at the new Outlet Mall in Round Rock. They only had about half the line and didn't even have any soaps or brushes.

FriscoSoxFan said:
The Galleria at the intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and 635 (aka LBJ freeway) is your best single source. They have a Nordstrom, Crabtree & Evelyn, L'Occitane, and Art of Shaving.

The shops at Willow Bend on the Dallas North Tollway in Plano has a Nieman's, C&E, L'Occitane, and Caswell-Massey.

Addison is the best place to live if you are an aparmtment dweller and are between 18 and 35 years old. I lived at Addison Circle for about a year and a half and loved it. I work in Addison now. If you are looking at houses, stick with Carrollton or Irving. I also recommend Frisco which is where I live.

The shops at Willow Bend, also has a knife store which carries some razors and shaving mugs along with a few after-shaves. They used to have the merkur razor blades and col. conk products but the last time I was there they were out.

Addison Circle, home of Pastazio's, the greatest pizza in all of Dallas. I'm drooling just thinking of it.

msandoval858 said:
When you come visit Austin, we have all the good stuff :)

Just don't bother with the C&E at the new Outlet Mall in Round Rock. They only had about half the line and didn't even have any soaps or brushes.
*Sending my sister my Christmas list full of shaving goodies I want*:thumbup:

Larry C in Texas said:
Addison Circle, home of Pastazio's, the greatest pizza in all of Dallas. I'm drooling just thinking of it.
I would actually say all of Texas. Pastazios is true NY style pizza. I grew up in Boston and couldn't stomach the pizza around here, especially that thin, crispy crap like what they sell at Campisi's. Pastazios has that thin, oily goodness that you need a pile of parmesan to absorb. The only pepperoni pizza I've found in the south that tastes right when you put red pepper on it.

I think I know what I'm doing for lunch!

Top Bottom