What's new

Reloading bug reawakens!

I just got a 300 BLK upper and I am still fooling around with load development. Have you tried the 110 grain round nose bullets designed for the M1 carbine in 300BLK? I am about to do that thinking about 100 yard plinking rounds.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just got a 300 BLK upper and I am still fooling around with load development. Have you tried the 110 grain round nose bullets designed for the M1 carbine in 300BLK? I am about to do that thinking about 100 yard plinking rounds.

Not yet, so far I have only loaded 125 gr. and 150 gr. rounds.

I have done just okay with H110 and 125 grain bullets. My upper is a PSA and I am not sure how high my expectations should be. If the 110s work out I will be able to use the same bullets and powder for both cartridges.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A friend blew a Nambu cylinder in half with a double charge. ... As a result I don't even own a powder thrower. I use Lee scoops. And eyeball each.

Slower, yes. I'm ok with it.

AA

Ours has NOTHING of the kind here in Blue Hawaii. I never had much use for store bought ammo anyway. I enjoy reloading. I am not sure if I reload so I can shoot or if I shoot so I can reload. It works out anyway.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I ordered a Lyman 358477; so the casting bug is back, too.

That's a (.357) Keith-type semiwadcutter, great-use-all-arounder in 150 grains.

proxy.php

AA

If there ends up being anything you don't like about the Lyman mold after you've used it, MP Molds is one of my go tos. On the one hand they aren't cheap but on the other you could have that bullet with 2 or 3 hollowpoints options in a 2 or 4 cavity mold, likely. I know he did some Keith clones because I have one in 41.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
149 rounds loaded, 4 grains Unique under that 146 grain round nose. General purpose .38 Special go-bangs.

Why 149? One single .357 was mixed up in that mess of brass! Didn't catch it until after it was primed! o_O And reloading is an activity for the an*l rentetive, so this had me feeling anguish. 149! Ahhhghh! Gimme my primer back!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I know the feeling. I hate it when I come up short. You can carefully deprime that one case.

Or keep going and prime 49 more .357 Magnum!

Muahahaha!

(I pulled that handle way too many times today ... At one point I thought I was in Las Vegas!)

And the last thing I did was tumble and deprime another 150! Those Lee dies are perfectly adjusted!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Loaded .38 yesterday until I ran out of primers ... I had cast a ton of those Lyman roundnose, over 4 grains Unique, should be a great range round.

Loaded .38s now stacked high ... Need more brass! But how to GET it?! :devil:

May fire up the lead pot later, want some Lyman 358477s!

Lead. After a couple years of not casting, must check the inventory. Lead is easy, alloy is not. Rotometals Superhard, linotype and melted ebay pewter candlesticks are all in ingot form ... But the last thing I did as was get a punch set from Harbor Freight and whack some letters on to each bar. Always a SWAG, hopefully close!

AA

I'm running 60% wheel weight, 40% pure plus 3% tin to aid fill out. Wheel weights are cheap and easy, pure not so much.

I did score 150 pounds of lead sheet awhile back, it's so rubbery I thought it was something else but the analysis gun says 99% plus pure.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm running 60% wheel weight, 40% pure plus 3% tin to aid fill out. Wheel weights are cheap and easy, pure not so much.

I did score 150 pounds of lead sheet awhile back, it's so rubbery I thought it was something else but the analysis gun says 99% plus pure.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Being a lead scrounger rocks! Friend's brother died ... Found he'd squirreled away plumbers lead ingots - many of them - pure lead. Yes, I'll help you clean that garage!

Should be fine for pb for decades!

Scrounging tin and pewter is a little harder but fun in the junk stores. No WWs here. Too many fishermen!

Still, I feel guilty watch a handmade pewter candlestick slowly turn into a shiny puddle ...

AA

Top Bottom