What's new

Reloading bench

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Got my small, portable reloading bench roughed in today. Not as nice as the big one I had at my other house, but it will do. Wood cut to the size I want it, mounting holes for the bolts to attach to the Workmate frame drilled and countersunk, and the support piece cut. Now all I need to do is put the polyurethane on it...I got the Natural Oak color. I'm debating on putting some side rails and a back hutch on it, but I can do that later if I want.

$IMG_0003.jpg

I still need to find my wooden loading block...I saw it a couple of years ago. I just pulled out the H-110 and Unique that was at the top of the powder storage box because I couldn't get to it well without taking things off the shelf...I have some Bullseye in there somewhere. I did find 2 one pound, unopened, plastic jugs of H-110 though, and my powder box is in the back corner of the top shelf of a closet...gonna have to take EVERYTHING off the shelf to get to it.

Right now I only have 100 rounds of .358 polycoated bullets and 2,000 small pistol primers. I "think" I have some Large pistol primers "somewhere."

I've only got dies for .38/.357, .41 mag, .45 Colt, and .30-30. Dang, I'm gonna have to pull out my bullet casting stuff.

Really nice! I have one myself, but I haven't used it in a few years. I used to reload .357 Mag, 30.06, .243, and have been considering buying .556 NATO dies. I like it, but the manufacturers have pretty much made the cost about even, so I have just been buying ammo and saving the brass as I use up ammo.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
At least you won't have to go nuts looking for a dropped primer ... As I do. :blush:

Spilled powder helps the grass grow!

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
At least you won't have to go nuts looking for a dropped primer ... As I do. :blush:

Spilled powder helps the grass grow!

AA

Spilled powder also helps trim the grass...If you drop a lit cigarette.

I'm sure y'all know that I just rough cut it outside...last time I cut wood in the living room and had sawdust on the carpet SWMBO threw a FIT!!!

I told her it was good for the carpet....

Just got the first coat of stain on it...looks like I can do one more coat tomorrow then have to bring it in and wait until a bit of rain is over.

I tried to zero my beam scale today and it won't zero...I'll post what I tried in another thread...I tried everything that I know to do.

Top Bottom