What's new

Rehearsals

If you are thinking of trying something new, that could turn out rather badly, why not have a rehearsal?

I am now rubbing that "unshaveable" side-of-mouth area with my fingertips - yes, it grows downwards, but with a bit of an outward angle. What's needed is an upwards attack with an inward angle, which means ATG, which I have avoided using here before.

The advanced rehearsal is to attempt the manoeuvre that you are thinking about, using an empty DE razor, and have a guess whether it's going to get you shaved or cut.

I think I'm going to get away with this.

Last edited:
This is an absolutely fantastic suggestion. I’m also running out of crazy things to do around the house and carrying an empty DE to rub on my face seems like just the ticket!!

And seriously - I’m going to use this on some of my trickier chin spots.

Thank you!

That worked out OK - no blood, and not much irritation. I did the WTG and XTG first.

The right side came out smoother than I've ever managed before! Missed a little bit on the left, but didn't want to push my luck this time.

I used the Rockwell on R6, with a Boots blade (probable German Personna).

The move you need sounds like what I call a reverse south-to-north J hook, where I give the razor a little twirl on the upstroke to shear off the stubble that just won't submit to more conventional strokes; you better believe I did a couple of dry runs before I attempted it the first time. Now the move is second nature.

Top Bottom