What's new

Regulated Dual 18650 Mod Options

what should I be looking at for myself, I know of, Want to get myself something nice that will be good for the dripper with variable wattage

Last edited:
under 300... if its quality i dont care where its made.. And minimum 40 watt

but if you don't think i need that im flexable about wattage

If you're dead set on variable wattage, a DNA40 mod is probably your best bet in terms of a quality mod. Maybe something like a Hana Modz DNA 40? That runs in the $250 range.

There's Chinese mods, but good luck getting them to honor a warranty if anything goes wrong (protip: it will at some point).

The best bang for your buck is a variable voltage mod like an OKR-10 or Raptor mod. The mod I just bought can run up to 60W, is built like a tank, made by a guy on Reddit who'll gladly fix it if needed, and only runs $165 in comparison to a $200+ DNA 40 mod. However, it's not as fancy as a DNA 40 mod.

why VV instead of VW, i thought VW was like auto pilot making adjustments on the fly to maintain an even output

why VV instead of VW, i thought VW was like auto pilot making adjustments on the fly to maintain an even output

You still are going to adjust if you change juice or use a different atomizer or change builds. 30W may taste heavenly with Juice A on RDA A, but may taste like *** with Juice B on RDA A or Juice A on RDA B. With mine, I just turn my dial until I find what tastes best. The only times I bother to look at the voltage meter if I'm curious or posting in the VOTD thread. It's more like a workhorse without the bells and whistles of a VW device.

I'm not trying to sway you over to VV, just throwing it out there as an option.

If you want American made, VW, at 40W... a DNA 40 mod is your only choice. I'd just search around to see what catches your interest starting with Hana Modz.

If you don't care if it's Chinese... iPV 2x and Sigelei 100 (or 100 Plus) are good options. They're also closer to $100... but as a result they're not necessarily as reliable as a DNA 40 mod.

Last edited:
James, If you're interested in the dna40 you can have it for around $100, if you're willing to build it yourself. You can get a Hana clone box and order a board separate. The problem with the Hana clone box is it takes a while to get it from FT, although you might want to check alibaba or something.

The dna40 has all the adjustable options including temperature control and the ability to use nickel coil builds(TC only).

I've decided that I'm going to go with the dna40 board. What I haven't decided on is the enclosure i'm going to use. I'm leaning towards this box. It's designed for a sx350 board but I think I can just widen the cutout for the dna40 screen and make it look ok too.

http://www.varitube.com/SX350-Ready-Box-w-VT-510-Connector_p_177.html

Quick hijack, the Cloupor T6 lets you change wattage, and then changes voltage accordingly. Can someone elaborate on this for me? Or shall I just start a new thread?

Just a question James......why do you care about vw/vv for a dripper?

consistency I guess,... a mech mod will begin to change its output slightly every hit you take yes ?, with something to regulate the voltage then at least you can have an even hit throughout the battery life ?

although I am curious about the temp thing on the DNA 40 chips

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I see your point. I think you will find consistency is a bigger issue with a tank. For that the Provari kicks backside.

For dripping a mech and a pocket full of 18650s is awesome. :w00t:

I started dripping with an Apollo mech mod...switched to a Sigelei 100W and will probably never buy a mech again unless I can find a Skeleton Key. I love the Sigelei so much I bought my girlfriend the new slim 30W and her own Atlantis tank so she could sub-ohm, too. I drip at home and switch to my own Atlantis when I'm on the go...just my two cents, but the Sig100 is a good value, IMO, if you want to do a little dripping and some sub-ohm tanking.

I started dripping with an Apollo mech mod...switched to a Sigelei 100W and will probably never buy a mech again unless I can find a Skeleton Key. I love the Sigelei so much I bought my girlfriend the new slim 30W and her own Atlantis tank so she could sub-ohm, too. I drip at home and switch to my own Atlantis when I'm on the go...just my two cents, but the Sig100 is a good value, IMO, if you want to do a little dripping and some sub-ohm tanking.

+1 for the Sig100. I drip exclusively and enjoy the same vape from when I wake up until I go to bed. I'd suggest the Plus version though. Spring loaded 510, rounded edges, and no screw holes in the battery door ( just magnets).

I'm Jim, btw, nice to meet you all!

+1 for the Sig100. I drip exclusively and enjoy the same vape from when I wake up until I go to bed. I'd suggest the Plus version though. Spring loaded 510, rounded edges, and no screw holes in the battery door ( just magnets).

I'm Jim, btw, nice to meet you all!
welcome to B&B Jim, glad you found us. thanks for the tip, of you ever want to get into fountain pens you just let me know lol. btw you should stop by and say hello I'm the newbie welcome area, we are a friendly bunch, but only if you have time. of not it's great to add another voice to this new area, hope you can have done fun with us

So it's been a while since I've e visited this forum! Kind of gave up for lack of cash, but my excellent brother got me a Dorco Prime kit, an Omega boar brush, and a couple soap samplers. Needless to say I'm back. Thank you for the kind words!

Top Bottom