What's new

Regrowth after shaving?

Last June I decided to grow a beard and for some unknown reason decided to shave it off after Thanksgiving. To my surprise everyone said I should have not shaved and I should grow it back. Around the second week in December I started growing it back. To my surprise it grew in much faster and looks better in 8 weeks than it did after 6 months. Anyone else have this experience?

It's been a while, but I seem to recall that my beard also did better coming in during spring 1988 than the first attempt did in 1976. In '88 I worked nights at a radio station, and didn't have to be completely clean-shaven all the time; I could let the thing grow, trim it back, and grow it again. Seems to me the third time it all came in quite even, and I've had it (with frequent trims, of course) ever since.

So when I shave this off next month it'll grow back thicker than 8th grader's next time? LOL
It's always grown back a little thicker each time I've let it grow for a while but this is the first time I've let it grow longer than a few weeks. My last full shave was last October, I've enjoyed the beard but I kind of miss those BBS shaves too.

Mine grew thicker where I shaved regularly. I've worn a goatee for almost 20 years and when I let it all grow out there is a major difference between where I used to shave and the goatee hair. I've shaved everything a few times and there is still a difference between the goatee area and rest of my beard. There's even a color difference too lol

Top Bottom