What's new

Refurbished Gillette Fatboy & Slim Razoremporium

Hi all whas wondering if anyone has a refurbished Vintage Fatboy or Slim from razoremporium? Since they offer fully restored ones but at a serious price +$250 shipping not included so I'm looking for some feedback from gents that bought one from them, other suggestions are mostly welcome ✌

Last edited by a moderator:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For $250 I would expect as a minimum for the razor to be in mint condition, boxed, and hand delivered by Miss World who would then proceed to shave me with it. Given that is unlikely then the price is ludicrous, it is obscene, and practically theft. I would not purchase any item or service from that company as a matter of principle, anyone who does needs their head tested. It is not even a particularly good razor. Don't let that put you off 👍

There is an Eastern Europe revamp service who from time to time sells stuff on eBay. At least it will spare you the ludicrous shipping and import fees from the USA. Have patiënt it will come to you.

No fatboy would be worth $250 to me. The Slim is a better razor and I paid $18 for a minty specimen last year. I did send this Fatboy to RE for a revamp and plating. It was pricey, but I am pleased with the work.
20200328_102115.jpg

I paid $235 for my rhodium fatboy from RE and it is perfect. HOWEVER, given what I know now, I overpaid by $75-$100 for it. I bought a fatboy with black rhodium plating and use it 95% of the time so the $235 just looks pretty sitting on the shelf.

$250 overstates the price, a made to order in replated factory nickel is $145. I bought one last year when they were running a discount and just bought another today for $116. The one I received last year looked like it never came out of the original packaging and for just over $100 - I’m fine with it.

$250 overstates the price, a made to order in replated factory nickel is $145. I bought one last year when they were running a discount and just bought another today for $116. The one I received last year looked like it never came out of the original packaging and for just over $100 - I’m fine with it.

I agree, it's not really out of line for a Fatboy with a fresh plating job and rebuild. I just had my Fatboy replated by them. I got it today and it looks amazing.

Top Bottom