What's new

Reflections: Soaps & Creams I Have, Had, Want

This thread is my personal reflection on the soaps/creams/ sticks that I currently have, stuff I sold or PIF'ed, and product aspirations for the near future.

Currently Own:
Creams:
T&H 1805
TOBS Jermyn St.
TOBS Mr. Taylor
Irish Moos - just received today, but did a quick test lather.
Each one of these creams are amazing in both scent and performance. Couple this with the recent arrival of my Dirtybird Scuttle ...well, I'm on a shaving cream binge/obsession.

Sticks:
Palmolive
Speick
Palmolive I love. The jury is still out on Speick.

Soaps:
MWF
MB Ye Old Barbershop
QCS Esquire
Calani
Honeybees Green Irish Tweed
Honeybees Clean for Men
Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Vdh deluxe
AOS Sandalwood
DR Harris Arlington
Proraso White Tub
Razorock XXX
Razorock Fresco
Razorock Artisan
Cella

My top three soaps out of this bunch, once again, in terms of both scent and performance are Razorock XXX, DR Harris Arlington, and MB Ye Old Barbershop. Although I love the smell of Proraso, I can't say it's my best performer. MWF I had an initial reaction to, but it might have been the terrible blade I was using at the time. The jury is still out on Cella. Colonel Conk Bay Rum deserves an honorable mention - a great performer, fine scent, and quite affordable. Calani and honeybees clean I have yet to try.

Stuff I sold or PIF'ed:
Trumpers rose, violet, sandalwood, coconut creams
Tabac soap
ARKO stick
LaToja stick
Vdh soap ( duplicate puck - never used)
Honeybees South Seas ( never used)
DR Harris Marlborough
AOS lavender
AOS ocean Kelp cream
Each of these are excellent performers, I just couldnt embrace the scent. Both factors are equally important to me.

Stuff I Want:
T&H Tralfager cream
Castle Forbes lime (should I be worried about the thickness of cream?)
MDc

I would enjoy hearing from you. If you will, please share your own personal insight and any recommendations you may have.

My story is quite simple and straight forward...

Started DE shaving 3.5 years ago and tried many creams and soaps. I preferred soaps and started trying out every soap I could get my hands on.
Now, approx 50 soaps later, I pretty much use MWF 90% of the time. Speick and GFT Rose the other 10%. I love MWF as it is just the perfect combo of cushion, slickness, skincare and a devine scent! It also seems to be the best match for my skin type and doesn't leave me greasy or oily, instead, leaving the skin soft and nourished.

Due to personal circumstances, I haven't been purchasing more soaps but it doesn't matter as I am totally happy with MWF. If you have the funds for MdC, go for it I say!!!

Top Bottom