What's new

Refillable Nespresso Capsules

I see some refillable Nespresso capsules on Amazon (example). Anyone uses those and what are the experiences and feedback around these types of products?

I don't know anything about refillable nespresso pods, but am pretty sure both Illie and Lavazza make original line pods.

I don't know anything about refillable nespresso pods, but am pretty sure both Illie and Lavazza make original line pods.

I've never seen them around. You mean these would be Illie or Lavazza pods compatible with Nespresso?

Yes, search Amazon for Lavazza Nespresso capsules. Typically costs about $0.50 a pod. Depending on where you are I know Sur le Table sells Illy, probably on Amazon too, think they are closer to a dollar per.

This is only for the original line. If you have the vertuo line I think it is only through Nespresso.

Yes, search Amazon for Lavazza Nespresso capsules. Typically costs about $0.50 a pod. Depending on where you are I know Sur le Table sells Illy, probably on Amazon too, think they are closer to a dollar per.

This is only for the original line. If you have the vertuo line I think it is only through Nespresso.

Awesome info! Thanks!

I received a Nespresso for Christmas with extra pods and some refillable pods too.

All we had on hand was fine grind coffee. Doesn't work so well. So I bought a bag of espresso rind coffee. Works much better but only works for a 40ml or less espresso. Anymore and its watery.

The Nestle made pods are fantastic. As are the Presidents Choice store branded pods (in Canada). Bought some Lavazza pods and they are not as good as the PC. A little watery.

I too received a Nespresso verturo for Christmas. I roast and grind my own coffee. I usually make my coffee in my drip coffee maker on weekdays, and make it with a moka pot and/or a pour over on weekends. The Nespresso is a new experience for me. It makes good coffee, but not as good as what you roast yourself. I also was given a kit from My-Cap.com that allows you to reuse the Nespresso pods using your own coffee. Using your own coffee coffee in the pods makes better coffee than the Nespresso pods. Using the coffee that you roast yourself (or buy) allows you to conveniently make a good cup of coffee with the Nespresso.

Top Bottom