What's new

Reference

the ever ready 12/14 landed today.

I'd guess 1917.

I see no reference to a masonic set. I would assume this falls under:

outfit no. 1 through 16

or

combination set 1 through 6.

either way none of these mention Masonic set but it exists. clear ever ready insignia inside travel case.

20200323_175830.jpg

interestingly it has blade hooks rather than blade stops.

camo

the ever ready 12/14 landed today.

I'd guess 1917.

I see no reference to a masonic set. I would assume this falls under:

outfit no. 1 through 16

or

combination set 1 through 6.

either way none of these mention Masonic set but it exists. clear ever ready insignia inside travel case.

View attachment 1077795

interestingly it has blade hooks rather than blade stops.

camo

Most likely a Masonic lodge bought a few sets put their emblems on them and either sold them or gave them out as awards/gifts to other members. An example of this is the American Legion which used to sell Gillette razor sets with an American Legion emblem riveted to the case through their emblem catalogs. There weren't special designed razors or cases just customized.

The 1914 came in a few different variations also.

On the razor the earlier ones had patent pending on them the later ones have a patent date of March 24/14. Another difference is the blade stops the ones with patent pending had blade stops like this.
U65W4ZH.jpg

The later ones had hooks which hold the blade better and makes it easier to shave with than the earlier models.
DFTirvM.jpg

Handles were also different between the pat pending ones and patented ones. The pat pending ones besides the blade stops being different came with a rounded handle the patented ones had the six sided handles.

The ones made 1919 or later should say ASR Corp on the razor and have a different retaining clip than the earlier ones. When ASR went from a company to corporation in 1919 and finally acquired Star razors they unified that retaining clip on all the razors regardless of brand.

There are other differences but these are the most easy ones to spot and put some sort of a date or range to.

Last edited:
I should also add the ones with the earlier style blade stops and rounded handle also came with razor heads that had the patent date on them.

Top Bottom